Ssd nvme makes unusable Jetson Agx camera

Simon, please help.

Here is solution:

From r32.6 add the NVME to boot option, This document described how to change boot order when flashing system.
1. Find the cbo.dts in /bootloader to change the boot-order property if ‘nvme’ is already there to something like 'boot-order = “sd”, “usb”, “emmc”, “net”, “nvme”; and save the new cbo.dts.
2. Then compile it with dtc to create a ‘cbo.dtb’, and place that in /bootloader/ and flash the system to apply it.

@vsw Are we supposed to flash the system to access bootloader? I can’t find /bootloader on my AGX.

It is on host machine. When install and flash jetpack.

@vsw My agx is till not able to find the cameras after modifying cbo.dts and compiling it with dtc to create a cbo.dtb. I flashed my AGX after following these instructions. Should I delete the initial cbo.dts file? Or perhaps reconfigure the agx to switch rootfs on the nvme card?

What is your hw and sw setup?

I am flashing my agx using jetpack 4.6. My cameras are from e-con systems (e-CAM130A_CUXVR). Host computer is Ubuntu 18.04.6

Ok. Will answer you tomorrow.

1 Like

Please copy cbo.dtb to bootloader/t186ref and flash by sdkmanager again.
Tested with LI 6x camera adapter on jp4.6.

This still did not work for me unfortunately

Can you show cbo.dts?

/dts-v1/;

/ {
	compatible = "nvidia,cboot-options-v1";
	boot-configuration {
		/* nvme boot-order can be in "nvme:C<n>", "nvme:pcie@<addr>", or "nvme" format */
		boot-order = "sd", "usb", "emmc", "net", "nvme";
		tftp-server-ip = /bits/ 8 <192 168 0 1>;
		dhcp-enabled;
		/* remove dhcp-enabled if uncommenting static-ip configuration */
		/* static-ip = /bits/ 8 <0 0 0 0>;
		 * ip-netmask = /bits/ 8 <255 255 255 0>;
		 * ip-gateway = /bits/ 8 <0 0 0 0>;
		 */
	};
};

Where is you root? On mmc?

Yes

So your case: “emmc”, “sd”, “usb”, “net”

Still did not work.

Please provide all steps here.

1. Change boot-order property on cbo.dts to boot-order = "emmc", "sd", "usb", "net", "nvme";
  2. Compile dts file with dtc to create “cbo.dtb”
  3. Copy the new cbo.dtb file to /bootloader and /bootloader/ft186ref
  4. Flash Jetson AGX to jetpack4.6 on sdkmanager, selecting emmc as storage option
  5. Install @e-conSystems software on AGX and look to see if cameras are initialized, (which are not when M2 nvme is connected)

If nvme removed then cameras present?

Yes, that is correct.