Start Isaac Sim - Kaya error

Dear All

I have just finished install Isaac Sim and try to run Kaya. But i get some error below, please to help

henry@henry-ubuntu18:/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2$ ./Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4Editor IsaacSimProject Kaya_Table_P -vulkan -isaac_sim_config_json="/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2/kayasim/apps/kaya_sim/bridge_config/kaya_full.json"
Increasing per-process limit of core file size to infinity.
Project file not found: /media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2/IsaacSimProject/IsaacSimProject.uprojectPreparing to exit.Shutting down and abandoning module NetworkFile (10)Shutting down and abandoning module CookedIterativeFile (8)Shutting down and abandoning module StreamingFile (6)Shutting down and abandoning module SandboxFile (4)Shutting down and abandoning module PakFile (2)Exiting.Exiting abnormally (error code: 1)
henry@henry-ubuntu18:/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2$

I setup correct path of json file as

{
  "graphs": ["/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2/kayasim/apps/kaya_sim/bridge_config/kaya_full_graph.json"],
  "configs": ["/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2/kayasim/apps/kaya_sim/bridge_config/kaya_full_config.json"]
}

My environment
Linux henry-ubuntu18 4.18.0-20-generic #21~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 8 08:43:37 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hi Henry,

My guess is that you haven’t done the installation completely, because it seems it can’t find the project file.
Please check if the project file has been built and exist in the folder.

Liila

Hi ltorabi

Thanks so much,

I have completed the installation and play with UE4Editor. It take long time to download all project file in setup step.

Henry

Hi Henry,

So does your Isaac Sim now runs, or you still have some problems?

Liila

Hi Liila

I follow install guide, but i can’t run: bazel run apps/kaya_sim:joystick

henry@henry-ubuntu18:/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2$ bazel run apps/kaya_sim:joystick
ERROR: The 'run' command is only supported from within a workspace (below a directory having a WORKSPACE file).
See documentation at https://docs.bazel.build/versions/master/build-ref.html#workspace
WARNING: --batch mode is deprecated. Please instead explicitly shut down your Bazel server using the command "bazel shutdown".
henry@henry-ubuntu18:/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2$ cd kayasim
henry@henry-ubuntu18:/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2/kayasim$ bazel run apps/kaya_sim:joystick
ERROR: The 'run' command is only supported from within a workspace (below a directory having a WORKSPACE file).
See documentation at https://docs.bazel.build/versions/master/build-ref.html#workspace
WARNING: --batch mode is deprecated. Please instead explicitly shut down your Bazel server using the command "bazel shutdown".
henry@henry-ubuntu18:/media/henry/MRHUNG/AI/Nv/Isaac/IsaacSim1.2/kayasim$

My computer bazel version: [bazel release 0.26.0]

Henry Nguyen

Hi Henry,

Your Kaya apps should be in your SDK folder not in Isaac Sim.
Please check the instructions here:

https://docs.nvidia.com/isaac/isaac_sim/quickstart.html#kaya

In order to access the Kaya sim apps, download Kaya Sim App for Isaac SDK and extract it into the SDK folder:

tar -xvf kayasim.tar.xz -C <ISAAC_SDK_ROOT_PATH

There is no bazel on the Sim side, that is why it can not run the bazel. All the apps (Carter, Kaya, Yolo, …) should run from the SDK folder/side.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you still have problem running it.
Liila

Hi Liila

When I run bazel for the Kaya example, I see a black screen for the camera on Isaac Sight and bazel gives me this warning:

engine/alice/components/TcpSubscriber.cpp@156: Failed to connect to remote: Connection refused. Will try again in 0.500000 seconds.

When I Play the simulation in the Unreal Editor, I just see an empty space. The same thing happens for the Carter example.

I was wondering if you could help me.

Thank you
Behzad

Try to do as written here https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1057245/simulation/quick-start-carter-in-isaacsim-document-don-t-work-/post/5361770/#5361770

This is for Carter. For Kaya you need to edit other files

Hi Behzad,

Do you still have the same problem, after synching with the previous commit in the git repo?

Thanks,
Liila

Hi,
could i ask that, where did you download the kaya_sim file?
I can not find the download webpage right now?
Thanks a lot .
Lei

Hi Zhanlei,

In the recent release (2019.2) the Kaya_sim application files are part of the SDK.
Please make sure you are using the 2019.2 release.

Hope this helps,
Liila