Strange problem installing deepstream7.0

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Orin Nano DevKit
• DeepStream Version 7.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only) 6.0
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) Installation problem
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

I am installing Deepstream7.0 on my Jetson Orin Nano Devkit following the instructions for a Jetpack 6.0 installation. Everything goes perfectly, until I am running the final main step, “sudo apt-get install ./deepstream-7.0_7.0.0-1_arm64.deb”. It runs along great through the 2% progress, then suddenly says “permission denied” for the very .deb file that has been installing up to then. How can it deny permission when it has been running that file? I have to believe this has happened to others…

Did you flash the JetPack 6.0 with DeepStream 7.0 on your board with the latest SDKManager?

Thanks for your quick response! No, in retrospect I should have done that. I used SDKManager to install Jetpack 6.0 from a Ubuntu native laptop and it worked fine. So to add deepstream 7.0 I’m following the instructions at

https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/text/DS_Installation.html

I’ve tried the instructions 3 times, including once after a restart, and on the final step (install) I continue to get the Permission denied after 2% of the deb installation has completed. If you don’t see why it’s doing this odd thing, should I reinstall Jetpack 6.0 again with D.S. 7 as an additional package?
William

Yes. We recommend that you flash this package with the latest SDKManager and choose the ADDITIONAL SDKS DeepStream 7.0 on the Guide page.

I flashed SDKManager on the Orin Nano Devkit over a USB cable from the Ubuntu laptop running SDKManager, as the SDKManager instructions required at least in the recent past the first time the board is flashed, rather than just putting the image on an sdcard. I see that message is no longer there, but it was previously. Anyway, that worked fine for installing Jetpack 6.0 on the Orin.

A little more information: Just before the Permission denied, it says the following:
Err:1 https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/common r36.3/main arm64 deepstream-7.0 arm64 7.0.0-1
File not found (the deb file that is actually there on the Jetson, from which it has been installing!).

I tried the suggestion at the end to run apt-get update, and I got a very similar error message:
Err: 1 https://repo.download.nvidia.com/jetson/common r36.3 InRelease
Temporary failure resolving ‘repo.download.nvidia.com

Thanks for your help.

Oops, in the first line I mean I flashed Jetpack 6.0

OK. Could you try to dowmload the package from the deepstream-7.0_7.0.0-1_arm64.deb page and install?

I decided to re-do the install of Jetpack 6.0 with DS 7 as additional. I thought I did that before, but I see that I had to hit the spacebar to select it when it was displayed. So now the system is working!

I want to tell you how much I appreciate your quick support. You know how frustrating it is to have a problem and nobody is helping, or they take days or more to respond. You’ve been great.
Bill

My pleasure. You can file new topics in this forum if you have any subsequent Deepstream-related questions.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.