Stream and control pan/tilt mechanism on raspberry pi

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Jetson AGX
• DeepStream no installed yet
• JetPack 4.4
• TensorRT Version not sure
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only) not sure

Hi,

I need to build a surveillance system with the stream of 5 raspberry 3a, each of the pi has a pan/tilt mechanism that lets the camera turn based on the request made by the AGX. I googled and did my research but still cannot find an appropriate guideline for this problem.
I saw it might work to use deepstream, GStreamer, and RTP/RTSP communication, but I am still looking for a clearer picture and guidance.

Hi,

I am going to move your topic from Deepstream SDK to the Jetson AGX Xavier forum for support coverage.

Best,
Tom K

1 Like

What do you mean control pan/tilt mechanism?

1 Like

Imagine the case I have an algo that recognise the facial expression, a second algo for feeling sentiment, a third for behaviour and actions… etc.; if the object moves, in this case, the person, I need to track where it goes like in this example here AI on the Jetson Nano LESSON 32: Tracking an object with Servos in OpenCV - YouTube.

Then if I have more rbp with cameras and servos, I want that each unit complete the task that has started by the first camera

One way to do this is to build a webserver/API launched by the RBP, so as to stream to the jetson which can do analytics and based on object detection make an HTTP request to control the servo all throughout the webserver.

But the problem arises due to the many cameras used which would bring more connection to handle…
any thought on this?