Supported/recommended RTOS for Jetson Xavier

@dipenp: Thank you. I am trying it again following your instructions.

and “target_specific.mk” ? it seems to belong to a separate SPE folder “rt-aux-cpu-demo”, doesn’t it?
And how to undestand the last line of the instruction?
5.Short GPIO pins of the 40 pin header J30 pin 16 and pin 32, this should print out “GPIO input irq triggered” message since pin 16 is configured as OUT which drives the pin 32 which is configured as INPUT and also has interrupt enabled.
How to run the sample? how to read from pin16?
From the tutorial:"GPIO application demonstrates how to access/manipulate Always On (AON) GPIOs from the SPE/AON processor. Make sure that the kernel/bootloader is not accessing these GPIOs (Usually, this can be done by modifying the device tree file) and no external module is connected to the Jetson expansion header. Compilation of this demo app can be controlled by ENABLE_GPIO_APP flag in the soc/*/ target_specific.mk file.

"
what call should print the message" GPIO input irq triggered" ?
what command needs to be executed to print the message?

how to run the app app/gpio-app.c?
It needs to be built first, right? via editing target_specific.mk ? and then how to execute building of it?
the same “make TARGET=t19x” ? executed from the make TARGET=t19x folder?
but it created just a bin file for transferring as spe_t194.bin.
wat will be the sample app file binary?

Hi! I’m trying to use eabi to compile the SPE sample code, but it gives me the following error:

/home/henryzh47/Projects/nvidia-SPE/gcc-arm-none-eabi/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: 1: /home/henryzh47/Projects/nvidia-SPE/gcc-arm-none-eabi/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: ELF��4�U: not found
/home/henryzh47/Projects/nvidia-SPE/gcc-arm-none-eabi/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: 2: /home/henryzh47/Projects/nvidia-SPE/gcc-arm-none-eabi/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
Makefile:296: recipe for target '/home/henryzh47/Projects/nvidia-SPE/l4t_rt_aux_cpu_src/l4t-rt/out/t18x/OBJ/clk.o' failed
make: *** [/home/henryzh47/Projects/nvidia-SPE/l4t_rt_aux_cpu_src/l4t-rt/out/t18x/OBJ/clk.o] Error 2

Do you think this is a 32 bit compatibility issue? If so how can I resolve this? Thanks!

it worked as per the instruction step in my case. However it required to manually specify the path to the eabi. Moreover, I found a way to install the eabi via apt-get as I remember, which h I did not test though.
From instruction:

export TOP=<path to root directory where rt-aux-cpu-demo, hwinc and freertos related sources/directories reside>
export CROSS_COMPILE=<path to installed cross compiler>/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-
export OUTDIR=${TOP}/out
export FREERTOS_DIR=${TOP}/FreeRTOSV8.1.2/FreeRTOS/Source
export FREERTOS_COMMON_DIR=${TOP}/freertos-common
cd rt-aux-cpu-demo
To build for Jetson AGX
make TARGET=t19x

Thank you! Do you mind share how you install the eabi specifically? What I did is just download the linux version of the arm-gcc from the link in the instruction and untar it. Did you do anything else aside from that?

the only way of the installation required to proceed with the method is, as depicted below, as far as I can see in your case:

export CROSS_COMPILE=/home/henryzh47/Projects/nvidia-SPE/gcc-arm-none-eabi/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3/bin/arm-none-eabi-

@andrey1984 could you answer your questions you figured out?

how to run the app app/gpio-app.c?
It needs to be built first, right? via editing target_specific.mk ? and then how to execute building of it?

Also how do you see the printf? Serial port or other connection?

@bastibr8yu Have you figured out how to actually run the application?

Thank you.