suse 10.0 mm5-terrain

Hi all,
I have installed suse10.0 in my pc. I am trying to compile terrain and it complains about the library lx11.a in /usr/local/ncarg/lib. I donot have the library in that directory. By the way i downloaded the PGI compiled binaries for the NCAR graphics from their web site.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Krishna

Hi Krishna,

I’m assuming that your using the 64-bit version of SuSE 10? If so, change the LOCAL_LIBRARIES variable in “linux” section of the Terrrain Makefile to point to the 64-bit versions of the X11, system, and PGI libraries. I also changed “-lf2c” to “-g77libs”.

Change:

grep Linux .tmpfile ; \
        if [ $$? = 0 ]; then echo "Compiling for Linux" ;               \
                ( $(CD) src ; $(MAKE) all                               \
                "RM             = $(RM)"        "RM_LIST        = $(RM_LIST)"   \
                "LN             = $(LN)"        "MACH           = SGI"          \
                "MAKE           = $(MAKE)"      "CPP            = /lib/cpp"     \
                "CPPFLAGS       = -I. -C -traditional -D$(NCARGRAPHICS) -DRECLENBYTE"   \
                "FC             = pgf90"        "FCFLAGS        = -I. -byteswapio"\
                "LDOPTIONS      = "             "CFLAGS         = -I."          \
                "LOCAL_LIBRARIES= -L$(NCARG_ROOT)/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib 
-lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -L$(PGI)/linux86/lib  -L/usr/lib -lf2c" ) ; \

To:

grep Linux .tmpfile ; \
        if [ $$? = 0 ]; then echo "Compiling for Linux" ;               \
                ( $(CD) src ; $(MAKE) all                               \
                "RM             = $(RM)"        "RM_LIST        = $(RM_LIST)"   \
                "LN             = $(LN)"        "MACH           = SGI"          \
                "MAKE           = $(MAKE)"      "CPP            = /lib/cpp"     \
                "CPPFLAGS       = -I. -C -traditional -D$(NCARGRAPHICS) -DRECLENBYTE"   \
                "FC             = pgf90"        "FCFLAGS        = -I. -byteswapio"\
                "LDOPTIONS      = "             "CFLAGS         = -I."          \
                "LOCAL_LIBRARIES= -L$(NCARG_ROOT)/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 
-lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -L$(PGI)/linux86-64/lib  -L/usr/lib64 -lg77libs" ) ; \

Hope this helps,
Mat