Synaptics vmm5320

Our customized carrier board for Orin 32G module uses vmm5320 DP hub to split DP2 into one DP and one HDMI port. We can’t get correct display under two test cases.
[Test case 1-HDMI replug]
0101. When DP and HDMI are connected, then power on. Both of them can’t see the login GUI.(fail)
0102. If we unplug the HDMI, the DP displays the login GUI.(pass)
0103. If we plug the HDMI in, both of them display correctly.(pass)

Vender use EzAux app to analyze.
0101. The HDMI of Orin is at 594MHz and DSC OFF state, but it only allocate 16 slots which causes the bandwidth is not enough , it should allocate 36 slots to fulfill this state.

0103.The HDMI of Orin is DSC ON state, and it allocates 36 slots.Both of DP and HDMI can display correctly.

[Test case 2 - DP replug]
0201. When DP and HDMI are connected, then power on. Both of them can’t see the login GUI.(fail)
0202. If we unplug the DP, the HDMI displays the login GUI.(pass)
0203. If we plug the DP in, both of them can’t see the login GUI.(fail)

Vender use EzAux app to analyze.
0202. The HDMI of Orin is at 594MHz and DSC On state, it allocates 16 slots which is enough to display correctly.

1. The HDMI of Orin is changed to DSC Off state, and 16 slots are enough to display correctly.

A.The “0101” and “0203” are incorrect, please help to check it.
B.Could we change the Jetson modules(Orin,Orin Nx, and Orin Nano) to DSC off ?
Logs.zip (2.8 MB)

Hi,

I don’t think such hub is supported.

You are splitting the signal into two. Then what is the protocol running here? DP MST?

It supports DP MST.

But our DP does not support HDMI even with DP MST…

It converts by the vmm5320(DP Hub). It supports MST, and it can output MST stream to DP or HDMI port.

Hi,

We don’t support such kind of hub. This won’t be configured either for now.

I can send your request to internal team but I don’t think this would work in short period. Please consider other solution.

Is there any update ?
How to set DSC off ?

Hi,

To disable DSC, please refer to nvdisplay/src/nvidia-modeset/src/dp/nvdp-connector.cpp (this is in kernel source)

You can set the forceDsc from DSC_FORCE_ENABLE to DSC_FORCE_DISABLE.

1 Like

It can solve our issues, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.