Synchronisation and material malfunction

System used Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, Ram 64,0 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, Windows 10 64bits, 3dsMax 2022, Maya 2022 and Create

Nor textures nor dome light were updated in the 3dsMax viewport, and the position of some elements were displaced, although moving the objects in the scene had no axis orientation issues, Autodesk Maya crashed as soon as 3dsMax read the USD file.

Even reimporting the usd files, or restarting the computer, the file never was able to load the textures or lights from create, or the geometry of the leaves correctly.

1 Like

Hello @francisco.millan. I have informed the development team about this post. Thanks for reaching out to us.

1 Like

Hello @francisco.millan. I have some information for you from the Development team.

• Dome Lights are not yet supported
  • Importing Point Instances to Max is not yet supported

Waiting to hear back from the team about your question on the geometry of the leaves.

1 Like

About the crash issue, can we get the usd for debug purpose?
About the wrong position, do you mean the orientation or 180 rotation around up axis?

1 Like

Q: About the crash issue, can we get the usd for debug purpose?

A: Yes, here is the USD FILE

Q: About the wrong position, do you mean the orientation or 180 rotation around up axis?
A: No, the position of the branches and leaves were misplaced inside 3dsMax, the rest of the models, even the trees were fine, Maya crashed, but in an early intent without 3smax been plugged in, Maya updated perfectly the trees, dome light, materials and textures.
The Issue came when I added to the pipeline the 3dsmax live connection.

The branch and leaves issue is because they are point instances and we do not support opening those yet.