Synchronized 4K Cameras for NVIDIA® Jetson Orin NX

Hello,

I am currently working with two cameras from e-con systems, the e-CAM121_CUMI412C_MOD - Sony® Starvis™ IMX412 Camera Module. I want to use them with NVIDIA® Jetson Orin NX 8Go. My goal is to synchronize the two cameras with an external signal. Does the NVIDIA® Jetson Orin NX can provide synchronization signals? If yes, how can I do it? Do I need to any additional things to be able to do this setup?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

hello aya.abdulkader,

This issue will require our camera partner to do the support, let me add @velmurugan.s here to help you.

Hi @aya.abdulkader,

The e-CAM121_CUONX has the external trigger support. . To use an external trigger, use anyone PWM of the Orin NX 40pin header and provide it to PIN 2 of the CN5 connector on the e-CAM121_CUONX’s adapter board.

If you require further assistance, please write to techsupport@e-consystems.com

Hello velmurugan.s, @velmurugan.s

Thank you for your support. it’s clear for the PWM signals but what about the pin 3 CAM_SHUTTER OUTPUT Shutter signal of the CN5 connector on the e-CAM121_CUONX’s adapter board ? where do I connect it?

You can ignore the SHUTTER Pin. Proving trigger signal to the PIN 2 of the CN5 connector is enough.

Can you please explain why we can ignore it ? and what is the use of pin cam_shutter ? thanks you
@velmurugan.s

Hi @aya.abdulkader,

The IMX412 does not have the shutter support. So, you can ignore that Pin. This pin will be used for the sensors that support the shutter pin.

Ok, thank you for the clarification.

Hello @velmurugan.s,
While trying to understand the trigger function, I have found that as long as a trigger process has not yet been processed, a new trigger cannot be triggered. An early trigger signal is rejected and treated as an error. This problem can be solved by using a Ready signal, “Ready for trigger”, that can be supplied on a switching output. What is the procedure for implementing this when using my e-121 camera? Can the pin cam_shutter be employed for this?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.