"System program problem detected" after flashing JetPack 3.3 / L4T R28.2.1

Flashed my TX2 with the latest JetPack 3.3 — L4T R28.2.1 release. Recently, a “System program problem detected” always pops up at boot. I only installed some minor packages like Firefox. The entire board is relatively clean.

I experienced a simiar problem with previous version of JetPack, which turned out to be SD Card related. But this time my SD Card seems working fine.

If I click “Report problem” in the error prompt window, it goes to a Ubuntu popup “Sorry, Ubuntu 16.04 has experience an internal error”. Further click on “Show Details”, the ExecutablePath was
/usr/lib/colord/colord-sane
ProblenType: Crash

It’s very similar to what I have seen in the past, which means the error message isn’t much helpful to root cause the issue.

I then ran “dmesg” on a terminal, and searched for “error”. Got following:

[    4.871507] xhci-tegra 3530000.xhci: UTMI port 0 has OTG_CAP
[    4.871508] xhci-tegra 3530000.xhci: No USB3 port has OTG_CAP
[    4.894680] xhci-tegra 3530000.xhci: Direct firmware load for tegra18x_xusb_firmware failed with error -2
[    4.894682] xhci-tegra 3530000.xhci: Falling back to user helper

Please let me know if any other commands I should try in order to debug.

What do you have connected to USB? This would describe topology, but knowing for sure you have a scanner or printer might help:

lsusb
lsusb -t

Do you see all “ok” from:

sha1sum -c /etc/nv_tegra_release

Is there any chance your host was low on disk space during the flash? The “df -H -T” command will list available space on each file system (from the host).

Thanks linuxdev, the board wasn’t connected to anything. Blank SD Card, default configuration, flashed with JetPack 3.3, completely wiped out clean.

After a few reboots, and I reflashed the board, the problem is now gone. Let’s close this case. I’ll try your “sha1sum” command should the culprit come back to bite again.