Tablet AR not working

2022-04-12 08:45:56 [Error] [carb.xr-cloudxr.plugin] Unexpected cloudXR error: Device description not received (@ 544, w:\17929e12b58d8c2\rendering\source\plugins\carb.xr-cloudxr\kitcapturedevice.h)

I can verify that the device connects to Omniverse Create
I’m using a Samsung S8

It’s completely random when i get it to work

I’ve followed the installation instructions to the letter from the NVIDIA documentation for setting up cloudXR, installing android studio, setting up all paths and installing the client on my device through ADB.
I’ve also made the inbound and outbound modifications to my firewall. I’m not running on a managed network.

Any help here would be appriciated.

Hello @W1r3d! Welcome to the community! Glad to have a new member of the family!! I have directed your question to the development team for some help. I will post back here when I have any new informaiton!

2 Likes

Started ADB server
Started Client on Android
Started steam VR
Started Omniverse Launcher
Launched Omniverse Create
Loaded astronaut example
Enabled XR compositing
Enabled Tablet-AR
I can see in Steam VR that the andoird client is connected to steam VR but using the default environment
Getting nothing from Omniverse create. No error messages no nothing.

Q: Is there a specific order in which you need to start things, if so why?

Ok, switched from cloudXR to SteamVR in create
Now i can see the model but it’s not being displayed correctly.

Additional errors

• Not AR but VR
  • Only 3DOF movement(can’t get close to model)
  • Astronaut is lit but canvas is not
  • Placement of model is random and inaccurate

When closing SteamVR, starting client again on android mobile and restaring Omniverse Create and enabling XR Compositing and Tablet AR it get this error:
2022-04-13 09:36:45 [Error] [carb.xr-cloudxr.plugin] Unexpected cloudXR error: Server has no client (@ 588, w:\17929e12b58d8c2\rendering\source\plugins\carb.xr-cloudxr\kitcapturedevice.h)

Started TestAR server
Started Steam VR
Started ar_test(from the cloudXR test tools)

It works and i can see the cubes. I can walk around and the environment updates. 6DOF works.

When running cloudXR in Omniverse Create 2021.3.8 i’m still getting: 2022-04-13 13:06:37 [Error] [carb.xr-cloudxr.plugin] Unexpected cloudXR error: Server has no client (@ 588, w:\17929e12b58d8c2\rendering\source\plugins\carb.xr-cloudxr\kitcapturedevice.h)

When starting Omniverse Create 2022.1.0-rc.22 i don’t even have Tablet AR as a option.