TADP 3.0r4 installation failed on Nexus 9 (Linux x64)

TADP 3.0r4 installation failed on Nexus 9 (Linux x64)
I try to install TADP 3.0r4 but unsccessully on Nexus 9 but unsuccessfully.

My Nexus 9 is rooted with superSU by chainfire. But it doesn’t have root permission for remote shell.
The error happend when the installer pushes files into /data/ partition

“failed to copy ‘./NVPACK/cuda_android/bin/nvprof’ to ‘/data/cuda-toolkit-6.0/bin/nvporf’ Permission denied.”

I push CUDA Runtime to some places in Nexus 9 and copy into /data/cuda-toolkit-6.0 but I don’t know it is a right solution or not.
After that the installer stucked at installing samples because it must push files into /data.

So what should I do with Nexus 9?

Hi,
Sorry about the inconvenience that has taken to you. Actually Nexus 9 doesn’t support CUDA. So we do not suggest you to push the cuda runtime to Nexus 9.

The installer stucked at installing samples because it must push files into /data.
Thanks for your information. I will look into this immediately. As a workaround , you can choose “No” in the compile samples page to avoid deploy samples to your devices.

Any more question please let me know.

Thanks.
Amy

Hi Amyl,
It is sad to hear that.
I intended to use Nexus 9 to experiment some gpu functions. Now I should throw it into trash :(
Do you have plan to support in future?

Hi, User QuangAnh

Nexus 9 is a google device,so to support CUDA Google needs a plan.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to throw it in trash, :-). Still a nice tablet.

Though you cannot directly access CUDA on nexus 9, but if you use something like Google’s RenderScript, that still benefits from our GPU.

For your interest in accessing CUDA on mobile devices, you can consider NVIDIA Shield Tablet 8 or Jeston TK1.

Thanks

Hi Xuan.Wang,

I want to confirm some info.
Is it possible to use CUDA or OpenCL functions of OpenCV in NVIDIA Shield Tablet 8?
If yes, I will consider to buy a NVIDIA Shield Tablet 8

Thanks