Taking real-time streaming source to Deepstream on Jetson AGX Xavier

Hi,

I try to run Deepstream on a live streaming source with RTSP. The RTSP server is set up on a Raspberry Pi connected to a V4L2 camera. I am testing if Deepstream can take that stream data and run.

Moreover, I’ve tested to play that RTSP stream from VLC. It worked as expected. However, when I customize the config and run it on Deepstream, I got the following error:

ERROR from src_bin_muxer: Input buffer number of surfaces (0) must be equal to mux->num_surfaces_per_frame (1)
Set nvstreammux property num-surfaces-per-frame appropriately

Debug info: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/deepstream/sdk/src/gst-plugins/gst-nvmultistream/gstnvstreammux.c(309): gst_nvstreammux_chain (): /GstPipeline:pipeline/GstBin:multi_src_bin/GstNvStreamMux:src_bin_muxer

I use the “source4_1080p_dec_infer-resnet_tracker_sgie_tiled_display_int8.txt” as a template for my config.txt, I only changed the number of source to 1, and set column and row to 1. The default stream is 1280x720.

Can anyone help?

Hi,
Please configure batch-size=1 in [streammux] and [primary-gie]. The setting has to match with source number.

After setting the batch-size=1 in [streammux] and [primary-gie]. I still got the same errors.

ERROR from src_bin_muxer: Input buffer number of surfaces (-1140848992) must be equal to mux->num_surfaces_per_frame (1)
Set nvstreammux property num-surfaces-per-frame appropriately

More specifically, parts of my config settings are as shown:

[source0]
enable=1
#Type - 1=CameraV4L2 2=URI 3=MultiURI 4=RTSP 5=CSI
type=2
uri=rtsp://pi:439911@10.10.10.58:8554/
#intra-decode-enable=1
num-extra-surfaces=1
cudadec-memtype=0

[streammux]
gpu-id=0
##Boolean property to inform muxer that sources are live
live-source=1
batch-size=1
batched-push-timeout=40000
width=1920
height=1080
enable-padding=0
nvbuf-memory-type=0

[primary-gie]
enable=1
gpu-id=0
model-engine-file=…/…/models/Primary_Detector/resnet10.caffemodel_b4_int8.engine
batch-size=1
#Required by the app for OSD, not a plugin property
bbox-border-color0=1;0;0;1
bbox-border-color1=0;1;1;1
bbox-border-color2=0;0;1;1
bbox-border-color3=0;1;0;1
interval=0
gie-unique-id=1
nvbuf-memory-type=0
config-file=config_infer_primary.txt

Hi,
Please try type=4