TAO classification /bin/sh: 1: pip3: not found

Do you mean Image Classification (TF1) - NVIDIA Docs ?

Yes

In TAO classification user guide, I do not find any info about creating config.json.
Actually it is a training spec file according to your screenshot.

In TAO, we only need to set ~/.tao_mounts.json. It is mentioned in tao launcher section. TAO Toolkit Launcher — TAO Toolkit 3.22.05 documentation

Understood.
So I have already sent you the only config.json that still exists, but here it is again:

Please advise

So, can you run below successfully now?
$ docker run --runtime=nvidia -it --entrypoint="" -p 8888:8888 --rm -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v yourlocal_folder_where_store_notebook:/test
nvcr.io/nvidia/tao/tao-toolkit-tf:v3.22.05-tf1.15.5-py3 /bin/bash

Hi again
I have read’ Chmod: cannot access ‘/opt/ngccli/ngc’: No such file or directory - #2 by Morganh

I have followed the approach 2

However there is an error in the path:
’ lib/python3.6/site-packages/tao/components/docker_handler/docker_handler.py’
on my machine at least it should read
lib/python3.6/site-packages/tlt/components/docker_handler/docker_handler.py

approach 2 was simple to implement (after error was found)
approach 1 just scrambled my brain

I am back in the notebook
The notebook cannot find pip3

62 exchanges later can we pick it up here?
How do I install pip3 in the notebook?
please, thank you

No, you need not use the workaround(approach 2) now. We already provide the fix. If you run tao launcher instead of “docker run”, just need to update the wheel.
$ pip3 install nvidia-tao==0.1.24

‘Requirement already satisfied’
tao list shows:

How do I install or import or download pip3 into the Jupyter notebook?

I still suggest you to figure out why you cannot find pip3 in notebook. Actually other users do not have this issue.

See below screenshot you shared previously.

Can you activate the conda environment that you have just created.

$ conda activate launcher

then,
$ pip3 install nvidia-tao

then, trigger notebook
$ jupyter notebook --ip 0.0.0.0 --allow-root --port 8888

answer “no”.
The shell environment in Jupyter notebook is supposed to match the Python version used to launch the notebook. I am paraphrasing from :
https://jakevdp.github.io/blog/2017/12/05/installing-python-packages-from-jupyter/#:~:text=%23%20Install%20a%20pip%20package%20in%20the%20current,install%20numpy%20Requirement%20already%20satisfied%3A%20numpy%20in%20%2FUsers%2Fjakevdp%2Fanaconda%2Flib%2Fpython3.6%2Fsite-packages
This is not happening here. I have precisely followed your instructions.
also it looks like the notebook is currently using python 3.7, not python 3.6

Please advise

Above is my log. May I know what’s your info?

Currently it is this.

$ which jupyter

Solved

The “pip” it is running is pip3, so it is looking for “pip”, not “pip3”.
As I am the only person who has reported this problem, this may not even be a bug, but it looks like one from here.
Do I win a prize for the longest thread? Please let me have your response.

Very glad to know that you get it working now!
It is a good case in case other users meet the same error in future.

Hi again Morganh.

I am concerned that running the next cell throws a type error relating to its own code. Is it possible that some recent updates have only been partially implemented? This notebook appears to be quite buggy.

I can open this new point in another thread, but this seems to relate to the notebook only. And I had to rewrite notebook code to solve the above issue.

I think you forget to run one cell above. The DATA_DIR should be defined.

I “reran all the cells above” the new cell and the tdqm and matplotlib cell is now throwing a large number of errors (a short example included here):

The new cell now runs but tdqm is not found at ‘LOCAL_DATA_DIR’. I will look into this and edit this post again.

Can you exit the notebook and follow TAO Toolkit Quick Start Guide — TAO Toolkit 3.22.05 documentation to install jupyter again?

As mentioned in user guide,
pip3 install jupyter
jupyter notebook --ip 0.0.0.0 --allow-root --port 8888

I have no idea why your “jupyter” bin file locates at /snap/bin/