Target Folder Name from E3550 to DDPX and apt install not work well

When possible, please provide the following info:
Hardware Platform: DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit
Software Version: DRIVE Software10.0
Host Machine Version: native Ubuntu 18.04
SDK Manager Version: 1.1.0.6343

I installed the DRIVE Software and flashed it to AGX Xavier on 2019 Dec, at the time the target image folder used to flash the Xavier is something like “nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_E3550/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/”. But when I use a new computer with the latest sdk manager to flash the target, the target image folder name has been changed to DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX. Is that correct?

Another question is thatapt install command does not work properly. It seems I cannot install anything to the Xavier or the target image folder through “chroot” command. The apt source list is empty. Is it because I’m not flashing the target completely?

Thanks for your help!

Dear @hanyang.zhuang,
The apt source list is empty. Is it because I’m not flashing the target completely?

Could you check Empty /etc/apt/sources.list on clean DRIVE OS 5.1.6.1 image

Do you have any issues while flashing the board?

Hi, SivaRamaKrishnaNV

At least the sdkmanager shows the installation is complete. It fails one or two times during the installation process, but I didn’t pay much attention before retry to install.

Dear @hanyang.zhuang,
when I use a new computer with the latest sdk manager to flash the target, the target image folder name has been changed to DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_DDPX. Is that correct?

Yes

Please check sdkm logs(~/.nvsdkm/logs and ~/.nvsdkm/sdkm.log) to confirm if the installation is successful. Let us know if you have any issues.

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV ,

I reinstalled the sdkmanager and flash the Xaiver without errors. But the apt source list on Xaiver is still empty.

I checked the target image folder /targetfs_a/etc/apt/sources.list before flashing actions, there is something inside like
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ bionic main restricted
and few lines like bionic-security bionic-updates
anyway, it has some sources inside.

But after I flash, I checked both the /targetfs_a/etc/apt/sources.list and the Xavier /etc/apt/sources.list, they are all empty. This time I added following line
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ bionic main restricted multiverse universe
to the Xavier sources.list, and sudo apt-get update, everything works well now.