Tegra A File system Permissions are mixed up

Hi,

I accidentally changed the permissions in my file system on Tegra A of DrivePX2. Now, my sudo permissions are messed up and getting following error for commands.
Error:
must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set
Can you help me with the way out.

Thanks.

Dear sahin.joshi,

I found an article here:

Hope the article is helpful. Thanks.

Dear SteveNv,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried this but the problem is that I am not able to enter recovery mode after OS reboot on Tegra A. However recovery mode from Aurix console was possible but the mount…chown… commands aren’t working from Aurix console.

https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/NVIDIA%20DRIVE%20Linux%20SDK%20Development%20Guide/Flashing/board_recovery_dpx2.html

Dear sahin.joshi,

Can I know why you’re trying to enter recovery mode?
Recovery mode is what you need to flash DPX2 PDK.

Dear SteveNV,

As following article suggested,

Need to run mount commands and restore the permissions from OS recovery mode. But when I restart TegraA, I don’t get to see boot menu/OS recovery mode to enter.
Pl let me know on this and any other possible solutions.

Thanks.

Dear SteveNV,

As following article suggested,

Need to run mount commands and restore the permissions from OS recovery mode. But when I restart TegraA, I don’t get to see boot menu/OS recovery mode to enter.
Pl let me know on this and any other possible solutions.

Thanks.

Dear sahin.joshi,

If possible, I think DPX2 PDK flash would be better than looking for another way.

Dear SteveNV,

Yes,Thanks for that suggestion.Had to flash Tegra A and its fine now.

Hi,

I had the same, maybe it will help someone:
I had small disk on my Ubuntu laptop so I decided to use some external SSD. It was formatted as NTFS so the permission wasn’t preserved and everything had 777 because of Windows. I downloaded and build the OS using sdkmanager and whole permission was copied to image, which was obviously wrong.
I formatted SSD as EXT4, and everything works fine now.

Thanks,