Tegra Android Development Pack 3.0R4 Brings 64-Bit Support for Android 5.0 “Lollipop” and Google Nexus 9!
This week marks the release of the Google Nexus 9 tablet, the first Android 5.0 “Lollipop” with full ARMv8-A 64 bit and OpenGL ES 3.1+ Android Extension Pack support, powered by the NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 64 bit mobile processor. Tegra Android Development Pack (3.0R4) adds immediate support for your 64-bit Android 5.0 application development needs and includes all software tools required to start development in a single installation step. Develop native Android 64-bit application from scratch in Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition. Debug, analyze and profile on Google Nexus 9 using Tegra Graphics Debugger and Tegra System Profiler.
Release 3.0R4 includes the latest Android SDK (23.0.2) and NDK (r10c) for both 32 and 64 bit devices, latest NVIDIA Android Developer Tools (Tegra Graphics Debugger 1.1, Tegra System Profiler 2.1, Nsight™ Tegra®, Visual Studio Edition 1.6, PerfHUD ES), CUDA, OpenGL ES , OpenGL 4.x, OpenCV and PhysX support, NVIDIA GameWorks OpenGL/ES 1.2 Sample source code, device drivers and Tegra Developer Kit OS images; bringing cutting edge features and support for latest Android devices.
- Support for the Google Nexus 9, Android 5.0 “Lollipop”, and NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 64-bit with custom designed 64-bit Dual-Core Denver CPU and NVIDIA Kepler™ PC Graphics architecture.
- Latest Android SDK (23.0.2) and NDK (r10c) for both 32 & 64 bit devices from Google.
- Tegra Graphics Debugger 1.2 with added support for OpenGL ES 3.1 Android Extension Pack, OpenGL 4.3 and 4.4 applications.
- Nsight Tegra, Visual Studio Edition 2.0 with added support for building and debugging 64-bit Android apps.
- PerfKit 4.1 support for Android.
- NVIDIA GameWorks OpenGL/ES 2.0 Samples with OpenGL ES 3.1 Android Extension Pack examples.
A complete list of features can be found at https://developer.nvidia.com/tegra-android-development-pack
To download TADP, you must be a member of the NVIDIA GameWorks™ Registered Developer Program http://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-registered-developer-program. To join simply create a new account (it’s free and easy) and then visit the NVIDIA GameWorks Download Center http://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload page and download the version of TADP for your platform.
The NVIDIA Developer Tools Team