Tegra graphics debugger on non-rooted device

Dear Support Community,

I went through this NVIDIA link

http://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/index.html#developertools/mobile/tegra_graphics_debugger/tgd_setup_nonrooted.htm%3FTocPath%3DDeveloper%20Tools|Mobile%20Developer%20Tools|Tegra%20Graphics%20Debugger|_____3

for unrooted devices.

However, after adding the two .so files to the jnilib and then pointing from build.gadle to this lib

with

sourceSets.main {
jniLibs.srcDir ‘app/libs’
}

does not help for whatever reason.

I can connect to the device from the Tegra graphics debugger, but I cannot choose a process from the list for attaching nor can I click on an apk from the “launch APK”.

Do I have to enable frame debugging WITHIN the android app? If so, how can I do this?

Best wishes

Andi

please try editing your android.mk and adding following sections -

tgd libs

include (CLEAR_VARS) LOCAL_PATH := YOUR_PATH_TO_LIBS LOCAL_MODULE := libTegra_gfx_debugger LOCAL_SRC_FILES := libTegra_gfx_debugger.a include (PREBUILT_STATIC_LIBRARY)

include (CLEAR_VARS) LOCAL_PATH := YOUR_PATH_TO_LIBS LOCAL_MODULE := Stripped_libNvPmApi LOCAL_SRC_FILES := libNvPmApi.Core.so include (PREBUILT_SHARED_LIBRARY)

include (CLEAR_VARS) LOCAL_PATH := YOUR_PATH_TO_LIBS LOCAL_MODULE := Stripped_libTegra_gfx_debugger LOCAL_SRC_FILES := libTegra_gfx_debugger.so include (PREBUILT_SHARED_LIBRARY)

end tgd libs

LOCAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES += libTegra_gfx_debugger

I tried this and it does not change that I cannot attach any process.

Was anybody successful in debugging on a NON-ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S5 or S4/S6 ever?

Best wishes

Andi

oops, tegra graphics debugger works on tegra device, not support non-tegra device yet