Tegra kernel DTSI documents

Hello!

I want to implement a driver on Jetson TX2 and for that I want to get an overview about the kernel dtsi device tree files.
Are there some more reference documents than the Sensor Driver Development which contains information only about the modules that are important for camera sensor driver?
For example if I want to change the fan PWM parameter - where can I find documents that describe what values have what effect? Or if I want to change the number of fan states to allow a finer regulation of the fan speed - are there documents that describe supported changes?

Thank you for any reply!

Best regards

Archoran

hello Archoran,

FYI, you could use below node to read the fan RPM.

$ cat /sys/devices/generic_pwm_tachometer/hwmon/hwmon1/rpm

please also refer to similar topic, Topic 1056272.
thanks

Thank you for the topic reference.

So there is no compact documentation about the device tree sources?

hello Archoran,

mostly documentation about device tree were related to camera drivers, hence you shall check Sensor Software Driver Programming Guide,
or you may also check Tutorials page, expand [Developer Tools] session and check the [V4L2 Sensor Driver Development Tutorial] for reference.

another approach would be disassembler the dtb file into txt file for quick checking.
for example,

$ dtc -I dtb -O dts -o output.txt $OUT/kernel/dtb/tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb