Tegrastats not showing GPU information on PX2

I tried running sudo tegrastats but I am not seeing any GPU information like I would on a TX1.

RAM 2892/7441MB (lfb 10x1MB) SWAP 1040/7787MB (cached 113MB) cpu [0%@1996,2%@2060,98%@2044,1%@2003,2%@1996,1%@1995] EMC 0%@1600

Any idea how I can check which GPU is being used and what the utilization is? (nvidia-smi is also not available).

Thanks!

Hello Sumitkamath,

You can check GPU information with CUDA sample. Please refer to below. Thanks.

CUDA setting.
$gedit ~/.bashrc
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-8.0/bin/:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/targets/aarch64-linux/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

$ source ~/.bashrc
$ nvcc --version

$ /usr/local/cuda-8.0/bin/cuda-install-samples-8.0.sh ~/

$cd ~/NVIDIA_CUDA8.0_Samples/1_Utilities/deviceQuery
$make
$./deviceQuery

I don’t think that shows the utilization (which was shown in tegrastats on a TX1), just the device capabilities.

Edit: My concern is I want to confirm both GPUs are being used. I don’t believe both are being used right now and it is affecting our performance.

Edit 2: Looks like the GPUs are discrete and 1 tegra cannot use both GPUs as per the slides. Do you have any code samples of showing how to share data between the 2 tegras?

Thanks

Hello Sumitkamath,

2 tegras are connected to one switch on the board, so they can communicate with each other through network connection.

Thanks forgot to update the thread yesterday but we got it working. We had to adjust some of the /etc/hosts so that TegraB could find TegraA.