Tegrastats' time interval for calculation of average power consumption

I want to measure the power consumption of the Jetson Nano via the tool tegrastats. However, the documentation (https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide%2FAppendixTegraStats.html%23wwpID0E0GB0HA) does not explain which time interval is used for the calculation of the current and average power consumption value. My guess is:

• current: read current value of the hardware sensor
  • average: calculate average for all values since the program has been started

Is that assumption right? (I could also imagine that the interval parameter is used as time interval for the calculation of the average value.)

hello Butzgemann,

there’s an option of tegrastats utility to control the time-interval, it’s 1 sec by default;
you may enable --interval to change the settings.

you may also using jtop monitoring tool, which summarize the total power consumption (i.e. POM_5V_IN)
thanks

Thanks for your reply. But unfortunately this does not answer my question.
I know about the interval parameter. But it’s unclear to me which time interval is used for calculating the power consumption. The documentation only says that the interval parameter determines when to log.

hello Butzgemann,

that time interval option only effect the data gather samples, you may have calculation to get the average.
thanks