TensorRT and cuDNN DEB packages for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Description

Currently, the download options for cuDNN and TensorRT include .deb packages for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and 18.04 LTS. The most recent LTS release of Ubuntu is 20.04. For cuDNN, there is at least the “cuDNN Library for Linux” tarball, but I prefer a clean installation through the package manager. There is nothing that fits Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (focal) for TensorRT.

Are there any release plans for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS packages?

Thanks in advance!

Environment

TensorRT Version: 7.2.1
CUDA Version: 11.1
CUDNN Version: 8.0.4
Operating System + Version: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Hi @pkgconfig,
There are plans to support Ubuntu 20.04 with upcoming releases.
Please stay tuned for TRT announcements.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you @AakankshaS for the good news. Could you be a bit more specific about when to expect TensorRT releases for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

Hi @pkgconfig,
Kindly check for updates on Nvidia website.

Thanks!

I am still not seeing tensorrt for ubuntu 20.04 on the tensorrt download page, only up to ubuntu 18.04.

1 Like

If you’re just using the C++ API, I found I can just download the tar and run it with no issues (at least in my application). I would guess the OS versions just apply to the python side of things??? (That’s just my guess).

3 Likes

Apparently this has been solved for TensorRT 8.0.

Hi,
Please refer to the installation steps from the below link if in case you are missing on anything

Also, we suggest you to use TRT NGC containers to avoid any system dependency related issues.

Thanks!