Tesla S1070 GHIC Card & Windows Server 2008 R2

On the NVIDIA Tesla S1070 page, [url=“http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_tesla_s1070_us.html”]http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_tesla_s1070_us.html[/url], in the Drivers and Downloads area, where it is written - Tesla S1070 is supported under, there is a sentence that states, “Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (requires GHIC – please inquire with Tesla authorized reseller to understand requirements to run Tesla S1070 with Windows)”. However, in the NVIDIA Drivers > Tesla > 1U System > S1070 > Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 > Tesla Driver Release > version 197.03 > Additional Information > Release Notes > 197.03_WinServer_Tesla_Release_Notes.pdf document, it states in a Note on Page 2, “Configurations using a GHIC are not supported.”

So, if there are two (2) HIC cards in the S1070, one (1) HIC card and one (1) GHIC card in the S1070 host server which connects the actual S1070 by way of two (2) PCI Express cables, how do you get the CUDA drivers to work properly with the above listed information? Although the 197.03 drivers install correctly, the drivers aren’t working in this configuration and will not take advantage of all four (4) GPU cards in the S1070. Could this be due to the GHIC card? The S1070 host server has Integrated Matrox G200eW Graphics. Is it possible to replace the S1070 host server GHIC card with a HIC card and then use the integrated Matrox graphics for video? Would this possibly cause the 197.03 drivers to function correctly and take advantage of all four (4) GPU cards in the S1070?

Any suggestions are welcome and I thank you in advance.

Actually even if you leave the GHIC in, 197.03 should work fine if you use the onboard Matrox graphics for video instead of the GHIC.

Actually even if you leave the GHIC in, 197.03 should work fine if you use the onboard Matrox graphics for video instead of the GHIC.

I’m wondering how I would do that. The only drivers that I installed are the Matrox drivers and the 197.03 TCC drivers. In the Device Manager > Display Adapters are listed the following: Matrox G200eW (Nuvoton), NVIDIA Tesla T10 Processor (4 entries), and Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I’m not sure what the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter goes to though; would that be the GHIC? The GHIC dongle is connected to the KVM for the monitor.

So how should I proceed? If there’s a setting in the BIOS to enable onboard video, I’m sure I would have to do that. I would probably have to disconnect the GHIC dongle from the KVM and connect that cable to the motherboard’s video. I’m not sure how to make certain that the video is actually directed towards the onboard Matrox though. Is there anything that I would have to do for the GHIC; any settings that I would have to worry about? Is there anything else that I would have to do?

I’m wondering how I would do that. The only drivers that I installed are the Matrox drivers and the 197.03 TCC drivers. In the Device Manager > Display Adapters are listed the following: Matrox G200eW (Nuvoton), NVIDIA Tesla T10 Processor (4 entries), and Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I’m not sure what the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter goes to though; would that be the GHIC? The GHIC dongle is connected to the KVM for the monitor.

So how should I proceed? If there’s a setting in the BIOS to enable onboard video, I’m sure I would have to do that. I would probably have to disconnect the GHIC dongle from the KVM and connect that cable to the motherboard’s video. I’m not sure how to make certain that the video is actually directed towards the onboard Matrox though. Is there anything that I would have to do for the GHIC; any settings that I would have to worry about? Is there anything else that I would have to do?

The standard VGA adapter would be the GHIC. If that’s what you have now, you should be fine if you’re not expecting any sort of 3D output from the GHIC.

I’ll talk to people about the wording of that page–it’s pretty confusing now as that was written before the TCC driver was released.

The standard VGA adapter would be the GHIC. If that’s what you have now, you should be fine if you’re not expecting any sort of 3D output from the GHIC.

I’ll talk to people about the wording of that page–it’s pretty confusing now as that was written before the TCC driver was released.

In its current configuration, the GHIC being used for basic video out, is the HIC part of the card not being used? Only two (2) of the T10 cards in the S1070 are being used, those attached to just the regular HIC. That would make sense if for some reason the G and the HIC could not be used at the same time.

In its current configuration, the GHIC being used for basic video out, is the HIC part of the card not being used? Only two (2) of the T10 cards in the S1070 are being used, those attached to just the regular HIC. That would make sense if for some reason the G and the HIC could not be used at the same time.

Are there actual drivers for the GHIC? At least for the graphics (G) portion of the HIC? If there are, would anyone know where I may download them?

Are there actual drivers for the GHIC? At least for the graphics (G) portion of the HIC? If there are, would anyone know where I may download them?