TEST - IGNORE : MLNX OFED 3.2 centos 7.2 with RT kernel error

Hello.

I’ve updated my 7.1 centos to 7.2 and got a new kernel

Next I compiled and installed RT kernel like in this article: How to build the CentOS 7 RT kernel - Hardware - Wiki https://ess-ics.atlassian.net/wiki/display/HAR/How+to+build+the+CentOS+7+RT+kernel

I need to say that I always use RT kernel with mellanox and its first time I got an error.

Next I downloaded last MLNX OFED package MLNX_OFED_LINUX-3.2-2.0.0.0-rhel7.2-x86_64

Next I generate by ./mlnx_add_kernel_support.sh -m PATHTOMLNX --make-tgz --skip-repo new tgz. I unpacked it.

when I try to install it says:

Logs dir: /tmp/MLNX_OFED_LINUX-3.2-2.0.0.0.7321.logs

Verifying KMP rpms compatibility with target kernel…

The kernel KMP rpms coming with MLNX_OFED are not compatible with kernel: 3.10.0-327.10.1.rt56.211.el7.centos.x86_64

See log at /tmp/MLNX_OFED_LINUX-3.2-2.0.0.0.7321.logs/is_kmp_compat_check.log

If you believe that this is a false alarm you can force the installation using the ‘–skip-kmp-verify’ flag.

The 3.10.0-327.10.1.rt56.211.el7.centos.x86_64 kernel is installed, MLNX_OFED does not have drivers available for this kernel.

You can run mlnx_add_kernel_support.sh in order to to generate an MLNX_OFED package with drivers for this kernel.

If I try to use --skip-kmp-verify flag - it installs, but I cannot restart openibd cause it writes next:

Module mlx4_core belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of[FAILED]ED, skipping…

Module mlx4_ib belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of M[FAILED], skipping…

Module mlx4_core belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of[FAILED]ED, skipping…

Module mlx4_en belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of M[FAILED], skipping…

Module mlx5_core belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of[FAILED]ED, skipping…

Module mlx5_ib belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of M[FAILED], skipping…

Module ib_umad belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of M[FAILED], skipping…

Module ib_uverbs belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of[FAILED]ED, skipping…

Module ib_ipoib belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of [FAILED]D, skipping…

Module rdma_cm belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of M[FAILED], skipping…

Module ib_ucm belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of ML[FAILED] skipping…

Module rdma_ucm belong to kernel-rt which is not a part of [FAILED]D, skipping…

earlier when I got this error mlnx_add_kernel_support helps me. now - it doesnt help.

What I’m doing wrong? and what I can to do to fix it?

UPD: I tried to add support in builded tgz but it talks thats all ok

./mlnx_add_kernel_support.sh -m /tmp/MLNX_OFED_LINUX-3.2-2.0.0.0-rhel7.2-x86_64-ext/ --make-tgz

Note: This program will create MLNX_OFED_LINUX TGZ for rhel7.2 under /tmp directory.

Do you want to continue?[y/N]:y

See log file /tmp/mlnx_ofed_iso.10452.log

Required kernel (3.10.0-327.10.1.rt56.211.el7.centos.x86_64) is already supported by MLNX_OFED_LINUX

RW_Organizations - Data Fixes.xlsx (374 KB)

Relayware QA.xlsx (1.04 MB)