"Test Key is used" can be removed?

Hello,
Can “** WARNING: Test Key is used. **” function be removed while system booting?
it wastes boot time!
session.log (73.2 KB)

1 Like

Is this warning showed loaded the image that you compiled from sources?

IF yes, please refer to Orin Desktop version issue - #13 by dimaz

it also shows from official release image…
image downloaded by SDK Manager

Just to double confirm that warning message showed at JetPack 5.0.2 GA release, not matter SD card image or image flashed from SDK manager, right?

SD card image I am not sure, we only have emmc version.
the warning message shows on both hdmi monitor and uart console

please check uefi source code uefi/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Universal/BdsDxe/.

where can i download this source code?

The sources are currently posted at Release edk2-nvidia-r35.1.0.1 · NVIDIA/edk2-nvidia · GitHub

which file in which folder?

I see the message “Warning: Test key is used” during boot also on a Jetson Xavier NX. It uses the downloaded production image 5.0.2 flashed to a microSD card.

do you have a try to compile UEFI source code? I meet some problems during compiling…

I am also getting this error to a NX (0003) from a fresh install using SDK manager. (installed to nvme)

I am also getting this same error, takes five minutes to boot up completely!

Jetson Xavier NX
SDK Manager 1.8.2
Jetpack 5.0.2 installed to nvme
Host computer Ubuntu 20.04

It also attempts to boot over http if you are connected over ethernet.

1 Like

The supposed solution doesn’t make any sense. Are you saying the production release of 5.0.2 is faulty and we have to compile the code mentioned above? If that’s the case then why hasn’t the SDK manager image been updated?

1 Like

I have the same issue. I used the SDK Manager to flash the jetson from a 20.04 ubuntu machine. I get the “test key used” message on startup and it takes 5+ min from attaching power and seeing that screen to finish booting. If I hit restart during that time it will book up in under 1 min.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.