The all new OutputSink feature aka reverse PRIME

Thank you for the reply, I’m looking forward to the bug fix.

I’m using a 15" 4K 60Hz laptop and a 24" 4K 60Hz display via reverse Prime (HD520/M1000M), sync appears to be working as is render offload, no power management for me I suppose, too old a model. And while everything works it does so noticeably slow, and Xorg constantly utilizes 15% of CPU and 50% of dGPU time when the external display is connected. I’ve looked at the logs and didn’t see anything unusual and I see that unreasonably high system utilization has been mentioned here already. I include a report log just in case that it might be helpful.
EDIT: found another issue, external display won’t power off as configured in system settings.
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (344.1 KB)

hey @agoins, any update on the issues reported by @SenojEkul and @karaken? I am experiencing the same issue with a 3440x1440 external monitor. I have seen the same behavior through HDMI and DisplayPort through a thunderbolt dock. This significantly impacts the usability of my optimus laptop ( ThinkPad P53 ).

@jcstryker

If you mean the issue with lag (1 FPS) when Reverse PRIME outputs are the only active outputs, this is an upstream issue, as mentioned here.

If you mean the issue where the desktop spans multiple displays, this will be fixed in an upcoming release.

It looks like driver 455.23.04 does indeed fix the reverse-prime. This is pretty awesome! Most games I tried seem to run pretty well using reverse-prime + prime-offload too.

I think there may a return of the vulkan-half-refresh issue though? Hard to say. The game that I have issues with is Wreckfest, with the beta driver I get about half of previous performance I get with 450.66

Other than the janky desktop refreshing this is awesome.

noticing this as well in World of Warcraft. about half the frame rate as 450.66

1 Like