The highest refresh rate Monitor Xavier can support

Thank you!

When run bubble it also display FPS:240.0 same as hrst.
The test steps is as follows:
1、Set Xavier HDMI refresh rate to 240
xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 240
2、Run bubble and hrst on Xavier
3、Run hrst on a ROG notebook(300Hz) as a reference device
4、Record a High Frame(500fps) video with Sony RX100 VI
5、Compute the frames of the video(one frame is 2ms) with MPC-HC (Shortkey: Ctrl + >)
6、The monitor connected to Xavier updates screen about every 8 frames.And the reference device ROG notebook updates screen about every 2 frames
We expect the monitor connected to Xavier updates screen every 2 frames too.

The windows application MPC-HC.exe and the record video:
MPC-HC.1.7.13.x64.7z (13.1 MB)
HDMI240.7z (65.6 MB)

Hi,

I just want to confirm, when you are running that timer over the desktop, your desktop refresh rate on jetson is already 240fps in xrandr, is that correct?

Also, since you said, the fps seems always “60fps” for >=60fps case, could you compare the “bubble” app running in different refresh rate (60/240) and will you feel any difference fps result with the bare eye observation?

I mean just full window bubble application. Forget about any other method you use to "measure the result with only bare eye result.

Thanks for your help!

We got Orin DevKit today and test on it. Orin works fine when refresh rate is 240Hz.Maybe it’s Xavier performance bottleneck.

Orin works fine when refresh rate is 240Hz over DP.The screen updates about every 4ms.

Hi,

I don’t think it is regarding performance. Please just focus on AGX Xavier. Do you still want us to help check your issue or not?
We don’t see any issue from the software side log. The clk is correct and other info also show no problem.

Please reply my previous question first.

Thanks. We want to find the root cause.
I just want to confirm, when you are running that timer over the desktop, your desktop refresh rate on jetson is already 240fps in xrandr, is that correct?
——Yes.
Also, since you said, the fps seems always “60fps” for >=60fps case, could you compare the “bubble” app running in different refresh rate (60/240) and will you feel any difference fps result with the bare eye observation?
——No difference.

We captured debug trace on Xavier when refresh rate is 240Hz.But flip_rcvd_syncpt_upd about every 16ms.Please check the attachment.
trace.txt (1.1 MB)

Hi,

Just want to remind you that. Are you sure your log is captured “when the bubble is running”? If there is no update on the screen, then there would not be a flip command sent from the driver.

Thanks.I will capture a new trace as you said.

Thanks .Waiting for your update.

And one more thing that worth testing is, since you said “Orin is okay”, then maybe you can try jetpack5.0 on your Xavier too. Though the display driver in kernel may be different, the graphic driver is same.

And now we feel the issue is in the graphic driver but not kernel, so you can test that too.

Thank you very much!
Bubble debug trace:
bubbletrace240hz.txt (1.2 MB)

OK, We will try JetPack 5.0 on Xavier later.
And can we capture debug trace on Orin like on Xavier?
Can it be Xorg performace issue?

Yes, it is possible due to xorg. But that is also our driver. So we want to know if jp5.0 has any improvement.

OK. We will test JP 5.0 on Xavier next week.Current is 4.5.1.
Many thanks for your help.Have a good weekend.

1 Like

Many thanks for your support.
We test JetPack5.0 on Xavier DevKit and it works fine now.The screen updates every 4ms as we expect.
So what is the root cause then?

Hi,

For jp4.x, is it possible to use jp4.6.2 (with bubble again) since this is the latest one on rel-32?

OK.We will test jp 4.6.2 later.Thanks a lot!

Hi, We test jp4.6.2 on Xavier and the problem is still here.We captured the debug trace and find flip_rcvd_syncpt_upd interval is about 16ms.

bubble_trace(Xavier-jp4.6.2).txt (866.3 KB)
bubble_trace(Xavier-jp5.0.1).txt (3.7 MB)

Hi,

There wouldn’t be a new release for rel-32.x in short time. Are you willing to move to rel-34 for your project?

Many thanks for your support. We will use rel-34 in the new project.
BTW: When the production version jp5 will release?

Please refer to SW roadmap at Jetson Roadmap | NVIDIA Developer