the login issue on sdkmanager

tried thousands of times, saying incorrect email/password. but I can login on the developer website without any problem. Really disappointing on the tx2 kit…

Hi allen2016,

Could you please try the below steps?

1. Run “dmesg” on the host and provide the full output. This might show any errors the host might have had when enumerating the Jetson USB device.

Now, connect jetson device with a ethernet cable, get its IP address, ssh to Jetson and:

1. Run “journalctl -u nv-l4t-usb-device-mode” to show any errors configuring the USB device mode service on Jetson, during boot.

2. As root, run “/opt/nvidia/l4t-usb-device-mode/nv-l4t-usb-device-mode-stop.sh”. This is expected to show some errors; ignore them.

3. As root, run “bash -x /opt/nvidia/l4t-usb-device-mode/nv-l4t-usb-device-mode.sh” and provide the entire output that prints. This should (a) show the same errors as in (2) above, and/or (b) actually make L4T USB device mode work, if the reason it failed the first time was due to some missing dependency that wasn’t available right when the script ran at boot.

Hi mate, thanks for the quick response. My apologies didn’t make it clear… the issue was the authentication of the ‘login to developer.nvidia.com’. Did you mean it was due to the identification of jetson device? sorry I really cannot figure out the connection between them …

If you can login into the website, you should be able to login into sdkmanager.

Are you a newbie on forum?

it’s really weird then… that’s the problem, couldn’t login with the email/password.

Perhaps a different port or IP address is involved and breaking the login (firewall or proxy issues).

This sounds like an issue with social logins.

If you’ve used your Google, Facebook, wechat or qq account credentials to sign-up at developer.nvidia.com, you will not be able to use these credentials to login to NVIDIA SDK Manager. Please create a new account without using these social services. We are sorry about this inconvenience.

Best,
Tom

So I’ve fallen in to this trap. I used my Google account to create a log in for developer.nvidia.com and now I can’t log in to the SDK. But I can’t create a new account with the same email address as I get an error saying it’s already in use. How to get around this problem?

Edit: OK, after several attempts to get the password reset link to work I finally got it to work. It would never get me anywhere to type in a new password.

Hi Dave,

Glad you were able to get it working.

Regards,
Tom

What is your advice for login failure behind a proxy. The settings of the sdkmanager uses the system settings for proxy. What else should be done to get login.