The program '[968] deviceQuery.exe: Native' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff). I can buil

Hello,

I just went through the whole forum looking for somebody with the same problem as me.

This is what I got:

GF8600M GT

Vista64 Home Premium

CUDA SDK x64

CUDA Toolkit x64

Visual Studio 2005, using C++ x64

Driver version: 179.48 Notebook WinVista64 Beta

I can build all solutions. I’ve built and rebuilt a million times everything under the COMMON directory and built and rebuilt all the example projects under the x64 compiler. There is no problem with building.

However, whenever I try to debug DeviceQuery (and many others), the program crashes and exits right away.

This is my log for the deviceQuery program:

[codebox]‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\win64\Debug\deviceQuery.exe’, Symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\CUDA\bin\cudart.dll’, Binary was not built with debug information.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA CUDA SDK\bin\win64\Debug\cutil64D.dll’, Symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\nvcuda.dll’, Binary was not built with debug information.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\glu32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ddraw.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dciman32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\nvapi64.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded ‘C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

‘deviceQuery.exe’: Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.6001.18000_none_152e7382f3bd50

c6\comctl32.dll’, No symbols loaded.

[b]First-chance exception at 0x775f649d in deviceQuery.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0012fbf4…

First-chance exception at 0x775f649d in deviceQuery.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError at memory location 0x0012fbf8…

The program ‘[968] deviceQuery.exe: Native’ has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).[/codebox][/b]

The lines with the problems are the bold ones, and they refer to memory location.

Does anybody know what’s wrong with my setup? Why can’t I run the programs?

C

Are you running a 2.1 toolkit and SDK with an R179 driver?