The question about bluetooth

Hi,

I used WIFI/BT card connect to TX2 by m.2. And installing the WIFI and BT drivers respectively.
WIFI function worked well. But BT function had problems.

1. I used TX2 connect to PC and phone by BT. TX2 could detected PC and phone by BT, and could connect successfully, but then immediately disconnected with hint ‘unknown device’.
    Then I locked our card’s BT function and enabled BCM4354’s BT function. I got the same result.

2. After I enabled TX2’s BT function, PC and phone can’t detected TX2 by BT, the same result between our card’s and BCM4354.

So, how do I use BT on TX2?
Thanks.

Hi arknights,

Could you also share what you’ve change on your wifi so that i8265 can co-exist with bcm4354?

Hi,

We change another card instead of i8265, no problem with WIFI function.
In other words, the problem about i8265 is still unsloved.

And now, the question we faced that is about the BT function.

Thanks.

1. I used TX2 connect to PC and phone by BT. TX2 could detected PC and phone by BT, and could connect successfully, but then immediately disconnected with hint ‘unknown device’.
    Then I locked our card’s BT function and enabled BCM4354’s BT function. I got the same result.

Do you mean either your new card and TX2’s native BT is not able to pair to your PC/phone?

1. After I enabled TX2’s BT function, PC and phone can’t detected TX2 by BT, the same result between our card’s and BCM4354.

May I ask what does this one indicate? Does this imply PC/phone is not able to receive the beacon from either your card of BCM4354?

Could you point out the card name instead of terms like “TX2” because bcm4354 is also on TX2. It is easy to get confused.

sorry, the new card is AW-CM276NF module which uses Marvell 8997 chip.

Do you mean either your new card and TX2’s native BT is not able to pair to your PC/phone?

yes, to be exact, either AW-CM276NF or BCM4354 able to pair to my PC/phone successfully in the beginning, but then immediately disconnected and hint ‘unknown device’ on my PC/phone.

May I ask what does this one indicate? Does this imply PC/phone is not able to receive the beacon from either your card of BCM4354?

It means that using either AW-CM276NF or BCM4354, my PC/phone can’t find the TX2’s device through BT.

Thanks.

Could you try different phone or tablet?

Also, could you share your method to enable/disable BT? Are you using GUI?

Yes, I will try.

I am using GUI.
Using the command ‘rfkill list’ can see all available devices. And it can manage WIFI/BT.
The method I used to enable/disable BT is that using the command ‘rfkill block’ and ‘rfkill unblock’.

For example, If I want to use BCM4354 BT, I just find, unblock it and block AW-CM276NF(hci0).

Hi WayneWWW,

About AW-CM276NF, I will talk with its manufacturer.

About bcm4354:
I also find this reply is similar with my case, but I don’t confirm:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1032768/jetson-tx2/bluetooth-cannot-be-connect-on-tx2/post/5276766/#5276766
I don’t know how to send a simple PDF like him in BT off-state.
Could you use bcm4354 BT function? Could you share how to use or test BT function with bcm4354?

And I also want to know BCM4354 BT working as a host or a server.

Thanks.

arknights,

We have achieved basic function like pairing BT with our phone. However, I notice this behavior is easy to change if you use different kind of phone or tablet.

Also, my test was based on rel-28.3. Are you using rel-32.x release?

Yes, We used latest rel-32.2 release.

After I change another phone, it works.
Just like this reply saying, I use “send files” function in bt GUI, it works in this order:connect-send files-disconnect.
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1032768/jetson-tx2/bluetooth-cannot-be-connect-on-tx2/post/5276766/#5276766
And I try both AW-CM276NF and BCM4354, they work well in this way.

Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) will only connect when you’re trying to send something!

Thanks.

add,

If I enable AW-CM276NF bt,
I use ‘rfkill block …’ command to make ‘bluedroid_pm: Bluetooth’ Soft blocked,
then I use ‘rfkill unblock …’ command to make ‘hci0: Bluetooth’ unblocked.

On the contrary, if I enable BCM4354 bt,
I use ‘rfkill block …’ command to make ‘hci0: Bluetooth’ Soft blocked,
then I use ‘rfkill unblock …’ command to make ‘bluedroid_pm: Bluetooth’ unblocked.

If use GUI, only can enable BCM4354 bt.

Hi WayneWWW,

Do you try to send and receive files respectively?
I just can send files, can’t receive files.

Thanks.

Hi arknights,

Actually, ubuntu has it own application to share file through bluetooth.
However, our package does not have it. We are still checking it internally.

Hi WayneWWW,

Okay, I will try too.
Please tell me if you have some progress.

Thanks.

Hi arknights,

Unfortunately, such application are all based on 3rd party tools so we are not sure if compatible.

Could you try to use blueman?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blueman

Hi WayneWWW,

I will try.

And I want to know why sending files from my phone to tx2 is failed, but sending files from tx2 to my phone is successful.
While receiving, I observed tx2 GUI shows bt works in the order:connect-disconnect and it isn’t receving files.
So I don’t know whether the function about receiving files through bluetooth is disabled by kernal or config.
Or it whether is unsupported.

Hi,

Please try below steps

sudo apt update
sudo apt install pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils pavucontrol pulseaudio-module-bluetooth 
sudo apt install blueman xauth -y
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service  
ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -d --noplugin=audio,a2dp,avrcp

Please use blueman to manage the transfer and receive.

Hi WayneWWW,

I have tried, it can send and recive files through Blueman.
But now Blueman only allowed me use BCM4354, I can’t use our AW-CM276NF.
When I use “rfkill” to disable BCM4354 and enable AW-CM276NF, Blueman shows “Bluetooth Turned Off” and I have to enable BCM4354.
Before I could use our AW-CM276NF to send files by ubuntu defalut bt commands, but it can’t receive files.
Do you know how to use Blueman with our AW-CM276NF or do you have some suggestions?

Thanks.