The Role of Rootfs Directory in Massflash

hello!
I use JetPack version 5.1 software, and the massflash package generated after compilation contains the rootfs directory, which increases the size of my package. What is the purpose of this rootfs directory? If I want to trim the contents of the rootfs directory to reduce the size of my entire package, which files should I delete? Or what files are retained? thank you!

Rootfs means your file system. This is just where the ubuntu on your jetson comes from.

Sorry, what I want to ask is the role during the flashing process, as I made the image in advance and wanted to crop the rootfs directory during the flashing process.

It will be used again and create a new image out. I guess your image is probably got replaced by a new one.

This depends on the command you are using. What command did you use for massflash?

BOARDID=3701 FAB=500 BOARDSKU=0000 BOARDREV=J.0 ROOTFS_AB=1 ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --no-flash --network usb0 --massflash 6 jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

Hi,

This command will create a massflash package. As there is “–no-flash”, this command is not going to really flash anything.

Yes, he will create a massflash package, and the rootfs directory will be created inside the package. The rootfs directory will cause the entire package to become larger. How can I crop the rootfs directory so that it does not affect subsequent flash?

We don’t directly provide a minimum rootfs. There were other users sharing such experience before. Maybe you could search those posts first.

Okay, thank you. Do you have any recommended topics?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.