The USB mouse doesn't work on my Jetson TX2's USB port, but the USB mass storage does.

Condition:

• SDK Manager 0.9.14.4954
  • Jetson TX2
  • JetPack 4.2.1 (rev.1)

After I installed JetPack 4.2.1 in Jetson TX2:
(1) The USB mouse doesn’t work on this USB port
(2) But the USB mass storage works well.

I think the port is USB3.0 or later

Is this on custom carrier board or devkit?

It is devkit

Could you use below command

echo 'module usbcore +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

echo 'module xhci_hcd +p' > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk

After above command, please plug in your usb mouse and dump the dmesg.

That is a long long log, have you to see it?

root@tx2:/home/tx2# echo ‘module usbcore +p’ > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
root@tx2:/home/tx2#
root@tx2:/home/tx2# echo ‘module xhci_hcd +p’ > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
root@tx2:/home/tx2#
root@tx2:/home/tx2# echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
root@tx2:/home/tx2# dmesg
[ 2891.746687] tegra-xusb 3530000.xhci: ep 0x82 - asked for 20 bytes, 12 bytes untransferred
[ 2891.756687] tegra-xusb 3530000.xhci: ep 0x82 - asked for 20 bytes, 12 bytes untransferred
[ 2891.766687] tegra-xusb 3530000.xhci: ep 0x82 - asked for 20 bytes, 12 bytes untransferred
log.txt (166 KB)

Please save it as a attachment and upload to forum. You could use the button on the upper right corner.

Uploaded, thinks

Sorry for one more question. What port are we talking about? The type A port or the micro usb port?

Type A as the atttachment shows.

I tryed 2 different usb device before dmesg
jetson-tx2-board.jpg

Hi jiangjixiang,

According to the log, the Logitech wireless USB receiver enumerated successfully.

However, the input devices which supposed to be connected to the wireless USB receiver did not shown in the log.

Our team believes this issue should be related to the connection between Logitech wireless receiver and their products or the compatibility issue of Logitech devices on ubuntu.

Please help share the following information

1. The repro rate
  2. The product information
  3. Whether the mouse can work on other ubuntu platform or not
  4. Whether the mouse can work with receiver connected to TX2 before device boot or not.
  1. What is repro rate?
  2. Logitech M185
  3. It works well in other Ubuntu 18.04 in TX2(RTSS-X502U from http://www.realtimes.cn/)
  4. The mouse can work with the board’s miniUSB, but can not work with the type A port.
  1. Reproduce rate. If you always hit the issue, then the repro rate would be 100%.

2. I don’t understand what do you mean the mouse can work on another TX2. Is RTSS-X502U a TX2 device?

3. So this device always cannot work if you connect it to type A port and then boot up? I mean a non-hotplug usecase.