The USB2.0 on Jetson TX2 can not work in recovery mode . (* customized carrier board)

Dear sir,
I’m using my customized carrier board for Jetson TX2. I remove the TCA9539PWR chips on my board.

I have changed the dts file:

• ./common/kernel-dts/t18x-common-platforms/tegra186-quill-power-tree-p3310-1000-a00-00.dtsi: vbus-2-supply = <&vdd_usb2_5v>;
  • ./common/kernel-dts/t18x-common-platforms/tegra186-quill-power-tree-p3310-1000-a00-00.dtsi: vbus-2-supply = <&battery_reg>;

now When TX2 system startup, I can see the USB device(NVidia Corp) uses ‘lsusb’ command on computer. but when TX2 in recovery mode,I cannot find the usb device (NVidia Corp) using ‘lsusb’ command on computer.
my customized carrier board works fine when use TX1,system startup or recovery mode.

I confirmed the Jetson TX2 works fine when it is set on original carrier board.

I use JetPack_3.3 . How can we deal with this problem?

Hi,
Do you mean you have USB2.0 micro B port on the custom board and it cannot enumerate TX2 as device in recovery mode?

yes!

What are the changes else except removing TCA9539PWR chips? Did you compare to P2597 schematic to locate possible risks?

Hi,
we added one channel usb3.0 (USB_SS1 & USB2).

This looks like hw design issue, please compare to P2597 schematic to find out the possible points to check.

I cannot find the usb device (NVidia Corp) using ‘lsusb’ after system startup before changing the dts file ( vbus-2-supply = <&battery_reg>).
but when chaned the dts file(vbus-2-supply = <&battery_reg>),I can find the device using
‘lsusb’ after system startup.
I suspect vbus-2-supply has power supply problems in recovery mode. but I don’t know how to change the vbus-2-supply in recovery mode.

I think so,right?

Thanks for your help.

You can compare the usb port (USB0) design with that of P2597 first. If no violation, it should be detected.

Hi Trumany ,
I have compared my usb0 design,it’s the same P2597 design. tx1 can be detected useing my carrier board. so I don’t how to Solve the problem!

Hi,
Per oem design, if you ground the strapping pin and reset the power, TX2 should go to recovery mode. It is pure HW behavior. If there is no deviation in layout, maybe the voltage is not as expected? Can you compare the voltage with default carrier board?

Thanks DaneLL, you are right. the reason is the two wires SLEEP signal and FORCE_RECOVERY_L signal are connected together.