tiled-display width and height config question?

From the help (https://docs.nvidia.com/metropolis/deepstream/dev-guide/index.html#page/DeepStream_Development_Guide%2Fdeepstream_app_config.3.2.html%23wwpID0E0TB0HA):

width - Width of the tiled 2D array, in pixels.
height - Height of the tiled 2D array, in pixels.

What do these values actually do? When I change them they do not change the size of the overlay on my screen. The overlay always seems to take up the entire monitor screen space.
The only difference I can see when using smaller width and height value (like 640x360 for example) is that the resolution decreases.

So its like these values are affecting the video but then the overlay component expands the vide to fill my monitor anyway? Maybe this is be design but I just can’t work out what the settings are meant to do from the one line help descriptions.

Note that the SINK group also has a width, height of the renderer - how does that fit in with the above?

I think the meaning are
width - Width of the tiled 2D array, in pixels.
height - Height of the tiled 2D array, in pixels.

You can add a probe call back to dump the frame data If you want to confirm this.

Is the source available for the tiler so I can see what width and height really does? As I mentioned - changing these values does not seem to change the size of the tiled display on my monitor - however it is somehow affecting the resolution.

the source is not public, Tiler does the scaling, to width height but if user configured to uses nvoverlaysink, the sink component will upscale and cover the whole screen, u can use eglsink to see the scaling in effect

Thanks bcao that makes sense now. The fact that the overlay sink is expanding to fill the screen was what I was trying to figure out. Thank you.