Timing/Logic between MODULE_POWER_ON (input) and CARRIER_POWER_ON (output) - Need clarification on a note in D.G V1.2

The Design Guide timing diagram is very clear on the timing/logic between MODULE_POWER_ON (input) and CARRIER_POWER_ON (output), till I came across a note, which may prompt to be an ERROR or typo to me. Please clarify:
The note on D.G V1.2 Page 22, “The design should de-assert (low) MODULE_POWER_ON if VDDIN_PWR_BAD_N is asserted (low), CARRIER_POWER_ON is de-asserted (low), or MODULE_SHDN_N is asserted (low).”

• The issue is on the critical output CARRIER_POWER_ON only. If we implement a gate logic to assert MODULE_POWER_ON low, when CARRIER_POWER_ON = 0, the module would be locked up in a power-off state, because MODULE_POWER_ON would never get a chance to be driven high. The note puts the input/output logic in a dead-loop.

See below circled period of time at power-up:

As you can see in the note in page 20: Note: If the main power rails (SYS_VIN_HV/MV) are not powered off, it is possible for the system to power on again depending on the state of the signals. If the system was powered down due to a shutdown condition that is cleared, the system may power back on. Unless this is desired, a means of keeping the module powered off should be provided. One way is to latch the state of CARRIER_POWER_ON when it goes from high to low (module powered off) and using this to keep MODULE_POWER_ON inactive (low).

Yes, I am aware of this note and it has been well-understood. I have no problem with this note (as you posted above). With your emphasis, I believe it means we should ignore CARRIER_POWER_ON before power-up, only latch it when it transits from High–Low falling edge, to prevent automatic power-on.

Thanks for the reply. I have no more question on this topic. It can be closed. You support is much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.