Timing of new card releases...

Does anyone have a sense/educated guess as to the release date for the newest high end models? Hoping to time some procurement plans. TIA, V.

I have yet to see any reliable information on this, other than “2012”. However, next week is CES, and NVIDIA has a press conference scheduled for Monday. If they don’t formally debut Kepler there, then they ought to at least give some idea what the schedule is.

There are some slides on this Japanese gamer site:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012093/20111124085/

(Google Translate does an OK job with the text.) If believed, this would indicate that Kepler will be introduced from the bottom of the product lineup, rather than the top. That’s not so good if you are looking for something to beat a GTX 580 in the next quarter.

Thanks Seibert for the roadmap. I am actually looking to buy some more 4xx and 5xx cards but the 470s I was buying in the Fall for $130 have jumped to $200 so I am selling down my existing working cards (for Multi-GPU CUDA learning purposes) and will sit on hands for a few months.

Well, NVIDIA decided not say anything about Kepler at their CES keynote. Asked later about it, the CEO said to “be patient.”:

So, there’s your answer, I guess…

Well, NVIDIA decided not say anything about Kepler at their CES keynote. Asked later about it, the CEO said to “be patient.”:

So, there’s your answer, I guess…

I don’t think if fudzilla as one of the greatest sources, but they also claimed that GK104 would likely be released at the end of january as AMD releases their 7950. Seems very unlikely given that we have heard so little about it.

Seems to me the cards are quite far away, probably looking at Q2, otherwhise NV would have shown something at CES in order to encourage gamers to wait for their cards. If they’re not showing it must mean that they aren’t ready.

I don’t think if fudzilla as one of the greatest sources, but they also claimed that GK104 would likely be released at the end of january as AMD releases their 7950. Seems very unlikely given that we have heard so little about it.

Seems to me the cards are quite far away, probably looking at Q2, otherwhise NV would have shown something at CES in order to encourage gamers to wait for their cards. If they’re not showing it must mean that they aren’t ready.

I tend to view all reporting based on “private sources” as being highly suspect, which is why I don’t put much stock in that chart from the Japanese gaming site either. However, the lack of any Kepler news at CES doesn’t require private sources to learn. :)

I tend to view all reporting based on “private sources” as being highly suspect, which is why I don’t put much stock in that chart from the Japanese gaming site either. However, the lack of any Kepler news at CES doesn’t require private sources to learn. :)