TITAN RTX Card Fails. RmInitAdapter failed

The Titan RTX card failed. It was working and there wasn’t any system change. The system runs Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.9. The OS boots but graphical desktop failed to show. I noticed that the nvidia driver tries to start then fail. The screen shows some unreadable characters after that. I checked /var/log/messages. It shows following error:
NVRM: GPU: …… RmInitAdapter failed
I replaced the Titan RTX card with another Titan RTX card. The system comes up fine and the graphics desktop shows.
It seems the original Titan RTX card has hardware failure and I would like to request for warranty replacement. The serial no. of the card is 0320219051445.

Thank you!

Wrong place…

WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?
If you are experiencing a problem, or if you believe that your product is defective, please contact your local distributor/reseller, or if you purchased your product directly from NVIDIA please contact the NVIDIA Customer Care team. We will help you troubleshoot your issue and process a replacement if it is found to be defective. NVIDIA Customer Care can be reached here, where you can search our knowledgebase for solutions to common problems or interact with our staff via the “Ask a Question” or “Live Chat” tabs://www.nvidia.com/support

1 Like