Titan RTX fan speed stuck at 130%

Hello everyone,
does anyone have fan problem with your Titan RTX ?
Only single fan runs at it’s full speed right after machine starts, even before it hits BIOS, and never reduce it’s speed.

Tried to manually configure fan speed from x-server, one of fan can be controlled manually but faulty one still runs at maximum speed.

Tried to re-seat, no luck. Changed slots no luck.

Heat is no problem here, it doesn’t get hot; temp is at 41c.

i got another Titan RTX that’s working without any problem, only one card has a left side fan problem.

Anyone fixed it ? any suggestions ?

It’s a new card, just unboxed 12 hours ago. Can’t return because it shipped from other side of the globe.

Thank you,

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (1.48 MB)

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting .gz file to your post. Hovering the mouse over an existing post of yours will reveal a paperclip icon.
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1043347/announcements/attaching-files-to-forum-topics-posts/[/url]

Hello Generix,

i attached the result. Please see

Thank you

/* edit

also attached nvidia-smi, x-server fan control printscreen

It shows ‘Unknown error’ for the fan, so it’s most likely broken. Don’t know if it’s just the fan or fan control.

Hello, how are you ?

That’s very sad news for me,
Do you know how to fix it manually ? Is it difficult ?

Thank you very much,

Even if it is just the fan, AFAIK the top assembly which holds the fans is glued to the heatsink, so disassembly is difficult and and don’t know where to get a replacement fan anyway.

Thank you for your help,

I think i need to return it somehow. Very disappointed in Nvidia, it’s first ever faulty hardware that I bought in my life.

Just a fair warning: due to the fan design, putting two Titan RTX next to each other will block the airflow on one of them.

Hello, i have same problem. How did you solve?
Is it okay to use with fan problem? Or should i return the GPU?

Hello JDorj, yes i’ve solved it. Just return it