TK1 - LVDS display

I am trying to get LVDS display working in Jetson TK1. I have enabled LVDS and disabled eDP in the kernel configuration and I have configured display for LVDS panel in the file “arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-ardbeg-panel.c”. But I am getting following error messages when booting up the kernel:

Host read timeout at address 54540054
tegradc tegradc.0: sor_poll_register 0x15: timeout
tegradc tegradc.0: dc timeout waiting for SOR_PWR = NEW_DONE
Host read timeout at address 54540054
tegradc tegradc.0: sor_poll_register 0x15: timeout
    tegradc tegradc.0: Failed to power up SOR sequencer for LVDS

I am using R21.4 release package. Please let me know if anyone have successfully brought up LVDS display in Jetson TK1 board.

Thanks.

LVDS is supported in hardware, but L4T does not support LVDS (both TK1 and TX1 support is in the direction of eDP). Any LVDS code already existing is probably incomplete.

Hello,

Is it possible to learn, what interface use the screeen on SHIELD Tablet (that has Tegra K1)?
Is this HDMI? Can be used such interface in a tablet?

Thank you,

JB

Hi atibo, I assume you’re talking about L4T on the Jetson dev kits (TK1 and TX1). Android may support an alternate display interface (LVDS or eDP), but Nvidia’s made it pretty clear on here that LVDS isn’t supported on L4T, and support for Android looks to be limited to nonexistent on the dev kits.

Hi atibo,

For what it’s worth if you read the checklist in the updated design guide (“TegraK1_Embedded_Design_Guide.pdf” page 108) AVDD_LVDS0_PLL should be supplied by +3.3V_RUN for eDP (as it is on Jetson design) and +1.8V_VDDIO for LVDS interfacing.
You can try to unsolder the Ferrite Bead L9B1 to short the 3.3V and put a strap to +1.8V_VDDIO…

Regards,
Ale