Our requirements also included to have
- a 60fps HDMI output
- with a copyless software API supporting MMAPed buffer
- with a low latency from buffer to display (< 33ms)
- with no lose of frame from buffer to HDMI display
From a our point of view, linux frame buffer API
- is not a copyless API if the fb driver has only one buffer
- could be a copyless if it does support multiple buffers and buffer swapping in respect of the screen tearing defect that is forbidden in our use case.
Do you have any feedback on multiple buffers usage of your Linux FB HDMI driver ?
Do you know any API that will fully comply with our requirements ?