too many threads

Code compiles and runs in debug mode but fails in optimizated mode ( I realize that debug doesn’t guarantee that it’ll run optimized). Using comipiler commands: -Bstatic -Mbackslash -I"F:\Macro3d\PGI\PGI_3-15-2013\Include Files" -I"d:\program files\pgi\win64\12.10\include" -I"D:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 10\include" -I"D:\Program Files\PGI\Microsoft Open Tools 10\PlatformSDK\include" -fastsse -Mipa=fast,inline -O3 -Mvect -Minline -Mconcur -tp=sandybridge-64 -Minform=warn -Minfo=ftn,inline,intensity,loop,opt,par,vect -Munroll=n:4

And linker commands: -Bstatic -o “F:\Macro3d\PGI\PGI_3-15-2013\PGI_3-15-2013\PGI_3-15-2013\x64\Release\PGI_3-15-2013.exe”

Get the following error message at the startup of the run: Error: _mp_pcpu_idle: more than 256 threads created

Error: _mp_pcpu_idle: more than 256 threads

We do have a maximum limit on 256 OpenMP threads, but unless you have the environment variable “OMP_NUM_THREADS” or “NCPUS” set to a value greater than this, I’m not sure why you’re getting it. Try removing “-Mconcur” which implicitly adds OpenMP parallelization.

• Mat

Matt,
Will try that when I get back home. Thanks.

-ralph