Transfer tracked object user metadata across batches

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Jetson Nano
• DeepStream 6.0.1
• JetPack Version 4.6.2
• TensorRT 8.2.1
• Question

Is there some standard way how to transfer tracked objects user metadata across batches?

In my use case for each tracked object that enters RoI for the first time I generate UUID, save it as objects user metadata that is then published to the broker. (this work as intended, message with UUID is published)

Later when this tracked object leaves RoI I would need to access previously generated UUID from objects user metadata so it can be again published to the broker.

Can you do it in app by add one probe function?

Yes I can, both C++ and python reference works with me. In my current app UUID is already generated in a probe function. Also I am using base_meta.copy_func to copy it between buffers so I assume there could be such functionality for transfer between batches as well but I was not able to find it. Is there such function or I need to implement it?

You also can get the meta data and add it to another one by one.

How do I access both current and previous or future batch metadata from probe function in order to add it to it one by one?

If you need to cross batches, you need to save you UUID and then add it to the next batch later.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.