Trimble SketchUp Connector

Hello I have installed SketchUp 2020 and 2021 on my computer (Windows 10) but after installing the Trimble SketchUp Connector I get only the Publish to Omniverse extension (plugin) in SketchUp 2020.

Hello,

SketchUp 2021 support will be coming soon. Right now, only 2020 and 2019 are supported.

Brian

1 Like

@Brian Thanks!

Hello Brian, Is the new release of Sketchup Connect 101.1.411 still not working for SketchUp 2021?
Richard

Not yet, Richard

By month’s end it will be. It’s on our to do list for the next couple of weeks.

Brian

101.1.411 now let’s you turn off Component mapping … the vegetation swapping that you experienced. By default, it is OFF.

It also let’s you publish as a prop (just a .usd) instead of as a project.usd which has a deeper folder structure.

Thanks Brian I will try it. When you update the connector for SketchUp 2021, don’t forget to change the SketchUp logo, they have a new (blue) one ;-)
Richard

1 Like

Brian:
This new version 101.1.411 crashes Sketchup 2020 when selecting publish tools. Only publish to view is working.
Previous version I was able to export a USD.

Frank

@fsheng21 @bharrison No problems (crashes) here. Everything seems to be working fine.
Richard

@bharrison Hello Brian The updated SketchUp 2020 connector is working now and the vegetation is also imported the right way. Thanks!
Richard

2 Likes

Hi Richard:

Thanks for the reply. I am able to use 1st left icon, send to view. when I try the 2nd icon as a USD, it shuts down Sketchup. The third icon I was able to see the dialogue box, when I close, it also close Sketchup. I was able to test all icons in the previous version.
I love the quality of the images with very little adjustment. Great first beta.

Frank

@fsheng21 Hi Frank, I tried all the publish buttons and I have no isues. Even save (export) a .usd file on my computer. SketchUp 2020 Pro / Windows 10 Pro / Nvidea RTX 2080
Richard

1 Like

Hi Brian:

I have re-install Omniverse, repair Sketchup 2020. On Window 10 pro, rtx3080.
would love to test USD export and re-link. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Frank

Hi Frank,

Do you have Collaboration installed?

Which server are you connected to … by default it is localhost but that only work/be available if you installed the Collaboration server.

Brian

Hi Brian:
Thanks for the reply. I do have local Nucleus collaboration installed and a list of services running in settings.

Frank

Hi Brian:
With the new View version 2020.3.31, I am able to send USD with Sketchup connector.

Thanks
Frank

1 Like

Hello, when will SketchUp 2021 come, I have been looking forward it.

Thanks for replying, Richard.

We have SketchUp 2021 working internally now and we’ll be putting that through QA this week and post when it’s ready. It is on schedule for release by the end of the month.

Brian

Hi Brian, that’s great new. Thanks for informing. Question I find out about Nvidea Holodeck. Can we also expexct a link (connection) with Holodeck to see the models in VR?

Richard