Triton failed to serve Tensorflow pretrained model

Hello,

I deployed to docker Tensorflow pretrained model using Nvidia Triton , model is loaded successfully, but on the very last step, when I am calling model to get predictions I get error which I was not able to fix: Error while reading resource variable stack_4/block_3/expand_conv2d/kernel from Container: localhost. This could mean that the variable was uninitialized. Not found: Container localhost does not exist. (screenshot attached). Any ideas what it means and what should I do?

What I did:

1. Downloaded pretrained model from tfhub.dev/tensorflow/efficientnet/b7/classification/1
  2. Deployed model on GPU using Nvidia Triton

nvidia-docker run --gpus all --rm -p8000:8000 -p8001:8001 -p8002:8002 \ -v/home/renata/ktu/nvidia/model_repository:/models nvcr.io/nvidia/tritonserver:22.03-py3 tritonserver \ –model-repository=/models --strict-model-config=true

1. Used this file from triton inference client on github (cannot post full link as I am new member and it is not allowed to me) /triton-inference-server/client/blob/main/src/python/examples/image_client.py to access my model and get predictions

python3 image_client.py -m efficientnetB7 -s INCEPTION -u 0.0.0.0:8001 -i gRPC dog.jpg

1. Get the error:
    inference failed: [StatusCode.INTERNAL] 2 root error(s) found.
    (0) Failed precondition: Error while reading resource variable stack_4/block_3/depthwise_bn/gamma from Container: localhost. This could mean that the variable was uninitialized. Not found: Container localhost does not exist. (Could not find resource: localhost/stack_4/block_3/depthwise_bn/gamma)
    [[{{node model_14/stack_4/block_3/depthwise_bn/ReadVariableOp}}]]
    [[StatefulPartitionedCall/_7]]
    (1) Failed precondition: Error while reading resource variable stack_4/block_3/depthwise_bn/gamma from Container: localhost. This could mean that the variable was uninitialized. Not found: Container localhost does not exist. (Could not find resource: localhost/stack_4/block_3/depthwise_bn/gamma)
    [[{{node model_14/stack_4/block_3/depthwise_bn/ReadVariableOp}}]]
    0 successful operations.
    0 derived errors ignored.

2. As I was able to deploy same model using Tensorflow Serving without any development, I believe that model file is correct. But it looks like Triton requires something else, what is not defined anywhere.

Hi Renata,

I have the same issue, and I can’t find any solution on the web. Did you solve it in the end, or did you simply move to TensorFlow Serving?