Tvnet_ep_open: PCIe link is not up

I’m debugging the PCIe driver based on Jetson 35.1.0 on the xavier.
what I have done is as belows:

1. change the ODMDATA from 0x9190000 to 0x9191000 of p2972-0000.conf.common file.
  2. flash the system
  3. run these command:

cd /sys/kernel/config/pci_ep/

mkdir functions/pci_epf_tvnet/func1

echo 16 > functions/pci_epf_tvnet/func1/msi_interrupts

ln -s functions/pci_epf_tvnet/func1 controllers/141a0000.pcie_ep/

echo 1 > controllers/141a0000.pcie_ep/start

and I get error:
tvnet_ep_open: PCIe link is not up

I have searched other’s question and found disable NetworkManager can solve this problem, but I still need connect my PC with xavier by netport.If I disable NetworkManager, I will not ping my PC succssfully.
pls help me

My physical connection is:

and I don’t know what’s " Ethernet interface over PCIE" mean. Does xavier communicate with PC by netport rather then PCIe?Can xavier be used as a network card?

Hi,
Do you plug in the device to Xavier developer kit? Or you have your own carrier board? If you use a carrier board, the device tree has to be modified per hardware design. Also the latest release is 5.1.1. Suggest you use the latest release for development.

tks for reply.
I has my own carrier board.
I can’t understand “Also the latest release is 5.1.1”
I just only debug PCIe driver base on 35.1.0 because it’s a base version

Sorry for the late response, have you managed to get issue resolved or still need the support? Thanks

Hi,
r35.1 is Jetpack 5.0.2. The latest release is r35.3.1(Jetpack 5.1.1). Certain issues are fixed in later release, so it would be great if you can use latest release for developerment.

For using custom board, please check adaptation guide to make sure the PCIe interface is well configured in device tree:
Jetson Module Adaptation and Bring-Up: Jetson AGX Xavier Series — Jetson Linux Developer Guide documentation
Jetson Module Adaptation and Bring-Up: Jetson AGX Xavier Series — Jetson Linux Developer Guide documentation

Thanks to reply. I still need help.
the link up question has been solved by writing a char device driver to transfer data.
but when I transfer data by DMA, kernel will crash and no error.
I can locate which line of my code,but I don’t know how to fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.