two mouse cursors on TX2 dual monitor(hdmi & displayport)

Hi

We are working on a custom board for TX2 and want to output signal via hdmi & displayport(dp) simultaneously.
So we modified tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-dsi-hdmi-dp.dts.

diff --git a/sources/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-dsi-hdmi-dp.dts b/sources/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-dsi-hdmi-dp.dts
index 1e81525..f71768d 100644
--- a/sources/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-dsi-hdmi-dp.dts
+++ b/sources/hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill/kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-dsi-hdmi-dp.dts
@@ -22,9 +22,23 @@
 	nvidia,dtsfilename = __FILE__;

host1x {
+//
+		sor {
+			status = "okay";
+			dp-display {
+				status = "okay";
+			};
+		};
+		dpaux@155c0000 {
+			status = "okay";
+		};
+////
 		nvdisplay@15200000 {
 			nvidia,fb-win = <0>;
 			win-mask = <0x3>;
+//
+			status = "okay";
+////
 		};

nvdisplay@15210000 {
@@ -35,6 +49,9 @@
 		nvdisplay@15220000 {
 			nvidia,fb-win = <4>;
 			win-mask = <0x30>;
+//
+			status = "okay";
+////
 		};
 	};
 };

Now, hdmi & dp monitor works well.
But it shows two mouse cursors on the hdmi & dp monitor at the same time.(extend mode)
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thx
Yen

yenchao,

Are you using rel-28.2?

Hi WayneWWW,

Yes, but it also happens on rel-28.1

Thx
Yen

yenchao,

This case also happens to me when cursor is moving around the border of each monitor. Is it same as yours?

If two mouse cursors move in parallel in a mirrored motion, then I would expect it is screen wrapping at a different resolution than the graphical desktop. In a case where there are two monitors mirroring each other I would expect this possibility when the two monitors are of different resolution and both desktops are generating a cursor. 50% across one monitor might be 40% across on the other monitor (the same pixel absolute coordinates might be in two different locations depending on where the two desktops intersect).

You might post your “/etc/Xorg.conf” content along with your “/var/log/Xorg.0.log”.

Hi WayneWWW,

Yes, it’s the same.

Thx
Yen

Hi linuxdev,

We are not in mirror mode, we are using extended mode.

Thx
Yen

Are the two cursors independent? Two independent X servers which are not an extended desktop display will probably both have a cursor defined from the XInput extension (and an X server not bound to a particular mouse might see both mice). Are the two desktops intended to be completely independent, or is this intended to be a single session with an extended desktop? Do you have a single mouse and keyboard?

Hi linuxdev,

They are not independent. This issue didn’t happen on TX1(TX2 and TX1 are using the same root file system). So I think maybe the root cause is on kernel or device tree.

Hi WayneWWW,

I believe you have re-produced the same issue as mine.
Please help us to fix it.

Thx
Yen

yenchao,

We’ve moved this issue to internal team for fixing and would update to you.

Hi WayneWWW,

Any update?

Thx
Yen

Hi WayneWWW,

We tested on r28.2.1 TX2 and still have two mouse cursors.
Any update?

Thx
Yen

Hi WayneWWW,

Did your internal team fix this issue?

Thx
Yen

yenchao,

We’ve prioritize your issue. Internal team is still investigating it.

Thanks for your patience.

Yen,may I know what display did you connect to the Display port? Are you using a custom display or adapter?
upd: I am just investigating how to connect something via Display Port as I am not used to do that. And I am just wondering what can be connected that way and how.
Thanks,

Hi Andrey1984,

I’m using our custom board.

Thx
Yen

Hi yenchao,

I have the same problem as you,have you solved your problem?

Hi jeffrey953,

I’m still waiting for nvidia’s solution.

Thx
Yen

Hi WayneWWW,

Any update?

Thx
Yen

Please check https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1050642 for the patch.

Thanks.