I’ve an issue with a custom motherboard for a TX1 module.
Here is the test scenario:
- TX1 module has been completely flashed on a TX1 Developer Kit and is functional. The Boot Recovery mode work fine for flashing and after flashing the Linux system is working.
- I take the module and place it on my custom motherboard
- Power-up without boot-recovery signal. All the power supplies are enabled by the module. I get the 1000 Mbps link on the GBE interface but I never have any outgoing activity on the network. I can’t ping the TX1.
- Reset the board on force-recovery mode.
- Power supplies are still OK, GBE link OK and the “nvidia” device appears on my Linux workstation.
- If I try flashing the TX1 on my motherboard, the post-install script is stuck just after the message “Boot Rom communication completed” and nothing more happens.
I think that maybe something different stop the TX1 module during early boot phase either in normal or recovery mode (maybe a missing pull-up? another I/O which is used differently on my board?) but I can’t find any documentation about that.
My workstation setup is a VM but I suppose that if it works with the developer kit it’s not the issue. I also try several changes (using L4T 3.0 instead of 3.1, using Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, … but no change…)