TX1 freezed on boot after update to Jetpack 2.3.1 64bit

Hi all,

I updated the Jetson TX1 to latest Jetpack 2.3.1 and the board freezes on boot after about 9 seconds with the message “systemd[1]: Started Journal Service.”

I tried to flash it again 3 times, but the result is the same.

Anyone with the same problem?

Thank you
Walter

It makes me wonder if the file system has issues (which could be controller errors as well as actual file system data). Can you clone the failing systems rootfs and see if errors are noted when you loopback mount the clone from your host? Just succeeding at cloning would provide some confidence that eMMC functions for read.

Hi linuxdev,
I have not fully understood what you mean, maybe I do not know how to perform the procedure that you are suggesting to me.

To confirm that there is something strange, yesterday evening I left the board in the “freezed” status to check if it was only a “time problem”… but this morning I found it in the same state.

The interesting thing is that the monitor was in sleeping state and pressing a key it woke up… I can also change terminal with ctrl+alt+Fx but I get a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left…

https://goo.gl/photos/jtfqzJNyoPvzsQ3c7

Well… I need to say that now it’s working. What I did? Simply:
rm -rf Nvidia
removing everything and restarting the update from zero!

I think that there was something wrong in the downloaded files, a thing that I excluded because I thought that at least an MD5 check is done… but it is not the case.

Thank you linuxdev for you time…

Walter