TX1 Power, Clock, Thermal Profiling

Hello,
I am new to this community and CUDA overall, so far I am having a good time diving in.

I do have a question for you, maybe you know the answer.
I would mainly like to do power and clock profiling on the Jetson TX1 DevKit.
I’ve tried to do so using the option on the Visual Profiler tool but it doesn’t seem to work for me.

Is that functionality supported on the TX1?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome! Here are some commands to measure the current clocks:

CPU (0-3):

sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq

GPU:

sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/clock/gbus/rate

EMC (memory controller):

sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/clock/emc/rate

To measure the power, the easiest is to plug the devkit into a Kill-a-Watt device or similar. But that is less accurate and includes the AC/DC converter loss in the power brick that you wouldn’t necessarily encounter when powering from battery for example. Alternatively you could use a DC bench supply with digital ammeter and power the devkit directly off DC, or use a multi-meter or device like this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=17864

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was thinking more about a detailed breakdown.
I thought that the power subsystem indicated in the image link below could be accessed somehow for power sensing.

TX1 Blog post - Image

On the NVIDIA Management Library page there is something about power management but no clear list of supported devices is reported.

Those INA’s are not yet supported in the software. After production release of the individual module, they may or may not be enabled. The nvidia-smi / NVML has not historically been implemented on Tegra platforms.

Thank you for the update.

I have just found the products supported in the NVML API Reference Guide which I didn’t notice before.
I’ll leave a link here, maybe someone else is also looking for this feature.

NVML API Supported products

Newer revisions of the TX1 module enable the use of INA power monitors, see https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/950341/jetson-tx1/jetson-tx1-ina226-power-monitor-with-i2c-interface-/post/4998393/#4998393