TX2 argus_camera video stretched

I’m running the argus_camera app on jetpack 4.3, the video is stretched when using resolution of 2592x1944, but won’t stretch when using resolution of 1280x720.

Please see screenshot below.

The first screenshot isn’t stretched, the second is stretched.

Also I can reproduce it with 10_camera_recording example, even with resolution of 1280x720.

Hello @Piasy,
Can u try to reproduce this on nvgstcapture-1.0 ? If not reproduced I think you are using a different version of argus_camera on Jetpack 4.3. You can get the correct version of Multimedia API apps (argus_camera) through the SDK Manager’s STEP 02 -> Target Components -> Multimedia.

Hi @SarathSSC

Thanks for your reply! I’m using the argus_camera built from sources installed by Jetpack 4.3 (using the SDK Manager).

I tried nvgstcapture-1.0 with preview resolution of 1280x720 and 2592x1944, both of them worked fine, no stretch.

Hello @Piasy
I hope the SDK Manager 4.3 installs the sources under /usr/src/jetson_multimedia_api and make & make install it should make the argus_camera working without this stretching issue if the nvgstcapture-1.0 works without stretch. I only have seen this stretching issue when I used an older version of argus_camera on a newer Jetpack.

Sorry it is my fault, I modified the source code sometime earlier, hard coding the outputSize to 1920x1080, after I reset this modification, the argus_camera works fine now.

But I didn’t change any code of 10_camera_recording example, and it’s stretched, do you have any idea about why?

Hello @Piasy
The 10_camera_recording example just takes the default sensor_mode (0) for recording and encodes it to whichever width x height specified in the command-line argument, So you might notice a stretch as sensor mode doesn’t switch. For switching sensor_modes you can refer argus_camera application or
09_camera_jpeg_capture

Hi @SarathSSC, thanks for the reply! I’ll check them now.